Area Sales Manager
Job title: Area Sales Manager
Location: North of England
Salary: To £35,000 plus 20% bonus, company car and extensive benefits
Sector: Garden power
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH/20476
- Highly successful garden machinery supplier with strong brands
- An autonomous field sales role with tremendous support
- Full training provided
This employer is one of the UK's largest garden machinery suppliers. They offer a comprehensive range of quality garden products that meet the requirements of discerning professional and domestic users, as well as giving their retail partners the right price points and margins. All retailers / dealers are supported by a high level of customer service and fast response times. As an ASM you will be empowered to plan, manage and target your customer base in order to reach monthly sales objectives.
The role of Area Sales Manager:
Ideally living in Manchester, Cheshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire or North Yorkshire; you will cover a larger North of England area and work from home with responsibility for:
- Developing strong, long-term, profitable business partnerships with a customer base of c100 dealers
- Achieving sales and meeting targets. Being a positive ambassador for the company and brands.
- Acting as a business advisor for the customer – assisting decision making on parts, technical, marketing, sales orders, providing training and resolving all other enquiries.
- Working within a team to communicate, share resources and secure support to ensure the customer experience is always exceptional
- Organisation and planning is so important to this role that you are expected to spend one day each week working at home. Otherwise the company standard is 4 calls per day.
The Area Sales Manager profile:
We are looking for an experienced and high calibre Sales Representative with the communication skills and commercial ability to represent this ambitious business. Specific qualities will include:
- Living in Manchester, Cheshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire or North Yorkshire
- At least 5 years of field sales experience
- Able to provide prompt and excellent customer service through face to face sales
- Skilled at fact finding, questioning and verbal clarity
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Empathy and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Advanced planning and organisation skills
- Experience of IT business tools – Microsoft Office, CRM management tools and reporting systems
Your experience will be as a home-based Sales Representative with a successful track record of sales achievement and a logical, progressive career to date - ideally in a consumer goods, DIY, garden products or similar environment.
Full training will be provided over a 4-week induction. In addition to an attractive basic salary you will also enjoy an annual performance-based bonus, company car, 25 days holiday, company credit card, life assurance, contributory pension plan, product discounts and be provided with an iPhone, iPad and laptop.
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.