National Sales Manager - Game and Poultry
Are you interested in working with a leading Poultry and Game business? Do you have experience selling fresh food into the grocery channel? If yes, we could have the right opportunity for you…
CSG are currently exclusively representing one of the UK's leading suppliers of poultry and Game who are now looking to add additional head count to their team, in the form of a National Sales Manager. The business has gone from strength to strength over the last 5 years and they have established themselves as a key supplier to the UK food manufactures and retailers.
As the National Sales Manager you will report directly into the board and have the capability to work autonomously. This role will need you to be able to hit the ground running, so you must have a proven track record at a senior sales level with background In FMCG, ideally fresh food. You must have first-hand experience of direct sales and increasing turnover with large UK retail operators and food manufacturers by promoting fresh produce.
This is a field-based opportunity however there will be weekly meeting to attend at the head office in London, so Ideally the right candidate will be based inside of the M25 corridor however candidates outside of this radius will also be considered. The role will require the successful candidate to travel national wide, as well as potential overseas business trips.
- Promote the use of poultry and Game by high street retailers (supermarkets) and food manufacturers for the retail sector.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new potential customers for the business and maintain long term and ongoing relationships.
- Regular dialogue and day to day account management of the existing customers.
- Tracking and reporting on consumption of the products from a pre-determined KPI scorecard.
- Launching and supporting new products to market and providing support to new and existing customers.
- Developing new markets.
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Capable of high level (board level) meetings and presentations
- Lateral thinking and proven success of building a fledgling brand to a market leader
- Team work with board colleagues and subordinates
- Clear and concise reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in working to promote and develop high quality produce
- Flexible and used to working under pressure
- Excellent written and personal presentation skills
- Full computer literacy
- Driving aggressive sales of the businesses produce which will be measured on a YOY basis.
- Achieving budgets and targets.
- Customer retention and growth of sales with existing customers
- Meeting deadlines and timely and accurate reporting
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we look forward to receiving you're CV.