Regional Development Manager
Müller has been a loved brand in the UK for over 30 years. It’s a household name – and it continues to grow as we invest to make and market an ever-greater range of fantastic dairy products. We are currently the 7th most chosen FMCG brand, picked from supermarket shelves over 200 million times each year.
We currently have various superb field based opportunities within our Bristol, Exeter, Milton Keynes, Sunderland and Luton regions for results driven, highly focused individuals with FMCG sales experience, working within our Milk & Ingredients commercial team.
The role will be responsible for the management and development of a portfolio of regional customers, growing account profitability and adding value through increasing sales of added value products namely FRijj, Butter, Spreadable Added Value Milk (Filtered, Lacto Free & Organic). Also key is management of GFR range to ensure this remain profitable. The Regional Development Manager owns the process of new customer pipeline generation and lead conversion within their geographic area and Works cross functionally with Credit Control, Logistics Planning and Customer Services team.
• Execute the Regional commercial strategy as defined by Senior Regional Sales Manager through objectives to support delivery of the regional budgeted volume, DB1 and cost savings.
• Effectively manage customer pricing negotiations to maintain or increase profitability taking into account key cost drivers such as milk, cream, and production and distribution cost movement.
• Monthly review of customer profitability through DB1 reports highlighting key movements and reasoning along with corrective action plans if required.
• Ensure agreed customer terms and accruals are correctly applied to accounts to ensure sufficient provision to reconcile payments.
• Use category management information to support, driving customer value and the development of Müller milk and added value sales e.g. Frijj, Butter, Lacto Free and Goods for resale.
• Monitor account performance weekly to ensure they are making a positive contribution on all product Sku’s and have a tiered pricing structure by fat grade of milk and cream.
• Regular monthly DLM meetings, focusing on reducing delivery days and increasing delivery value to deliver E2E savings, without compromising service.
• Monitor days of credit to ensure all customers trading within agreed terms addressing in conjunction with Credit control.
• Effectively manage customer account administration via internal systems ensuring that all price files are kept updated.
• Develop and obtain sign off for key customers account plans with Senior Regional Sales Manager, reviewing performance against plans on a quarterly basis.
• Responsible for making day to day commercial decisions and recommendations for customer portfolio in line with GO process.
• Inform one plan process through communication of demand changes and highlighting weekly Risks and Opportunities.
• Form part of the regional team to support and influence the wider regional commercial strategy and delivery of Regional OGSM.
• Support the development of a high performing regional commercial team through displaying and executing Müller commercial competencies.
Key skills & experience
• Good commercial acumen
• Experience of building and maintaining customer relationship to drive profitable growth through executing clear account plans.
• Category based selling approach to add value through recognising gaps and opportunities within customers’ accounts combined with ability to support with market leading category insight.
• Customer centric approach with a focus on customer service to meet the needs of the customer.
• Previous experience working with logistics to drive optimum cost to serve at a regional level.
• Good understanding of UK Dairy industry at a regional level, or equivalent industry experience (for example Bread).
• Experience of developing and executing commercial strategies.
• Good understanding of E2E supply chain within direct to store logistics and RDC models, plus 3rd party routes to market via national and regional foodservice and wholesale channels.
• Presentation Skills
• Organised and Self-motivated with a structured approach to maximising impact with limited resources.
At Müller, it’s not just our products that move fast. We’re the market leader because we give our customers more than great taste – we give them moments of pleasure every day. This ability to exceed our customers’ expectations makes for fast-paced careers in a dynamic environment. And this could be your opportunity to further your career with an award-winning FMCG company that’s truly entrepreneurial.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/423153834;225098863;l