Senior Category Development Manager
A fantastic Senior Category Development Manager opportunity at a major West London based global FMCG business with heavyweight brands and a collaborative, people-focused culture renowned for high levels of autonomy alongside great support and development - lots of freedom to drive projects. This role manages two major grocery accounts with good relationships, but still plenty that can be done to develop them so a nice opportunity to step into.
You'll deliver financial and strategic objectives and the budget, unlocking category and commercial growth opportunities through the translation of market data into actionable insight and by developing unbiased category and range recommendations. You'll develop and deliver effective customer and category centric rationales to grow the business working with the Marketing, Commercial and Innovation teams.
- Become a true 'subcategory expert', owning insight, category strategy and supporting budget delivery
- Contribute to the delivery of the subcategory financial and strategic objectives (volume, net sales & contribution) within the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process outlined in the annual budget
- Support NPD initiatives on the basis of category and customer centric thinking and parameters, representing both the Commercial team and customer perspectives on NPD projects
- Develop listing and defense rationales for ranges, across all subcategories, including both brand and own label, for the most strategic customers, working in conjunction with the Commercial team
- Be a second lead player within the Category team, deputizing for the Category Development Controller, when required
- Contribute to and lead the communication and implementations of category strategy, based upon current shopper, customer and category insight
- Lead category and range review projects across all subcategories, including both Brand and Own Label, developing optimum range, merchandising and promotional recommendations
- Develop long-term and trusted category relationships with our most strategic customers
- FMCG category development/management experience in UK market
- Strong category development knowledge
- Shopper, category, customer understanding
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Proficiency using of Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
- Working experience in leading one of the Top 5 or Coop category relationship
- Ideally proficient user of some Retailer's Customer software e.g. Morrisons Precima, Coop AOD (Answers On Demand), Tesco DunnHumby, Sainsbury's i2C
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we're not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.