- South Yorkshire
- Market Leading Designer & Wholesale Supplier of Home Accessories
- Leadership role for fast growing stable business based in Yorkshire
About Our Client
My client has over 45 years' experience of setting the trend when it comes to design led gift-ware and home accessories. As they have evolved and grown over the years one thing remains consistent when it comes to their focus - The Customer.
They are a multifaceted UK business with a well established and dedicated team based in South Yorkshire where they are able to facilitate the needs of the UK's largest national retailers through to a national network of independent customers. In addition to their UK base they have customer showrooms in Hong Kong supplying retailers across the world with a profitable, fast growing FOB service direct from China. Lastly but by no means least they also have a successful and established logistics business in their cutting edge 150,000 square foot distribution centre plus a 10,000 square foot showroom brimming with the latest products, both based at the HQ in South Yorkshire.
With an in-house design team, my client are able to offer their customers a bespoke, time and cost efficient service. With double digit growth in the UK they now seek a sales & customer focused MD to meet their current and future growth objectives.
The Managing Director will be accountable for all aspects of the business and be customer focused to deliver budgeted growth in revenue and profitability. Duties will include:
- Provide sound leadership, direction and inspiration to the Senior Leadership Team
- Full P&L accountability for a £25 million + revenue business
- Be customer focused - make it a priority to immerse yourself in the current customer base, understanding their needs will be a priority
- Leadership of the senior management team and a local staff base, actively supporting professional and personal development
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the market, trends and commercial opportunities that the business could exploit
- International travel - Trade fairs and customer meetings in the Far East will be expected
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Managing Director candidate will be highly commercial with a core skill set in customer excellence.
- The successful applicant will be sales focused and will have progressed through their current business from a sales position
- Excellent examples of growing a business within the consumer/retail channel
- Knowledge of home-wares would be advantageous
- Experience of managing a company whose customer base is the UK retail channel (grocery and high-street)
- Knowledge of sourcing from the Far East important
- Commutable or willing to stay in South Yorkshire during the week (company property available for use)
- Knowledge of working within a family business/SME advantageous
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary (six figure package)
Performance Related Bonus
Ref Code: MPGC13928037Z
Apply for Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly