Are you able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment whilst demonstrating the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines?
We are currently recruiting for an Area Manager to join our team based in Syston, Leicester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary.
Pukka Pies is a friendly, family owned independent company with an outstanding reputation as a brand leader in its market. We have ambitious growth plans and as part of these plans we have developed a new shift pattern that will support the business achieve the capacities required.
About the role:
Working on a 3on/3off shift pattern and reporting to the Operation Manager, you will be responsible for all operations within the High-Risk and despatch area
Responsibilities of our Area Manager:
- Creating and embedding a continuous improvement culture, running the High Risk area on a daily basis
- Working with, leading, driving and developing the team to achieve performance in Quality, Cost, Delivery, Health Safety and Environment and People
- Providing, controlling and planning of the activities within the High Risk area to ensure alignment with the annual company objectives.
Skills and experience required of our Area Manager:
- 5 years’ experience in Chilled Food Manufacturing producing in FMCG’s.
- Ability to manage, control and influence safety, hygiene, training, quality, quantity and cost for the department.
- Interpersonal skills to motivate and focus a team of front line managers.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Numerical and analytical skills to ensure accurate record keeping for all aspects of area of responsibility.
- Experience of carrying out people management issues including; disciplinary procedures, grievance procedures, interviewing and absence procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively at all levels.
- Prioritising, forward planning, forecasting and delegation skills to ensure production requirements are met.
- Awareness of diversity within the workforce and techniques to manage this diversity.
- A brilliant relationship builder as this is important to maintain high level of service and quality.
- Must be proficient in resource planning.
- Mathematical ability to work with figures and budgets.
- Good judgement and analytical ability.
What can we offer our Area Manager?
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health care
- Death in Service benefit
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Area Manager, then please click apply today! We look forward to receiving your application.