Salary - £ Attractive + Benefits
Do you have experience of working in retail/ consumer product group environment? Can you make things happen with agility and pace? Are you looking for a new challenge in the food industry? If so we would like to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our Category Team at one of the leading global food manufacturer and UK's leading herbs, spices and seasonings brand, Schwartz.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the UK General Manager, the individual will have responsibility for driving McCormick status as the category leader the leadership of the category management team and cross functional relationships.
You will develop and implement McCormick and retail partner category strategies and plans, drive strategic category management relationships to enable business growth and achievement of trading operating profit.
It is also an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an expansive leadership opportunity as the role sits on the UK Consumer Leadership Team.
- Ensuring category management team has an effective contact strategy with relevant external contacts (retailer and service providers) – including retailer marketing, space planning and category contacts.
- Developing and presenting category strategies which provide the framework for account specific plans.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance of category, brand and McCormick activities for internal and external review.
- Coordinating retailer, competitor and category insights into summary actionable insights highlighting opportunities/ issues and recommendations for action to the business.
- Leading creation and execution of shopper marketing proposition.
- Leading the annual Commercial Planning Process.
- Category, equipment and data supply budget management.
- Representation on the UK Consumer Leadership Team.
- Team leadership, including coaching, training and motivating personnel and ensuring that all account management functions are efficiently and effectively planned and implemented.
- Ensuring all team members have meaningful training and development plans linked to their career aspirations and capabilities. Delivering this through regular 121s and ongoing coaching.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Commercial FMCG experience.
- Multiple category management experience.
- Experience with dealing with top 4 retailers.
- Excellent industry, business and commercial acumen (ability to work with P&L).
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and change management ability.
- Ability to influence at all levels cross functionally internally and externally.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills.
- Great team leadership experience and evidence of delivery.
- Strong cross functional leadership skills.
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6 % globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.