Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
- Are you a successful leader with Export sales experience?
- Want to work for a global, brand in the FMCG industry?
- Looking for a challenging role with a global FMCG brand that has untapped growth potential?
About Our Client
Founded on a passion for the finest tea , Ahmad Tea is a UK-based family business, drawing on four generations of tea blending and tasting experience.
The selection of our first plantations and partners, our initial blending and tasting, and even our packaging - are driven by a commitment to quality.
Today Ahmad Tea is the 5th largest tea brand in the world, is renowned for the quality of its teas across the globe, still a family business, true to the vision that founded it. Distribution in the export department is through a network of more than 60 independent agents and distributors. We recognise that there is still untapped growth potential in many markets where the brand is still a niche player.
The primary responsibility for the Director of Business Development is to help grow the brand and revenue globally, through the development and capability of the internal Key Account Management (KAM) and marketing teams as well as the agency network! Further responsibilities include:-
- Supporting the Director of Export, in analysing and identifying international growth opportunities that drive profitability and growth.
- Building and developing an effective pro-active central key account and marketing function to support the execution of key strategies.
- Establishing a professional management structure within the team- ensuring stronger metrics, reporting, regular meetings, appraisals and development plans are put in place.
- To support the KAM and marketing activities through effective coaching and leadership, to ensure each function are fully efficient in driving deliverables.
- To support the Head of Channel Strategy in ensuring effective relationships are established and strengthened with the current distribution network and support the expansion of this as needed.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure the Ahmad Tea brand is built and managed globally.
- Working with the Product Portfolio Manager to ensure the mix of products and support items available to the distribution network and meet changing trade and consumer needs.
- Managing the marketing and sales budget for export activities.
This is an exciting, yet important and pivotal role in the organisation, where you will be responsible for managing multiple stakeholders at various levels, as well as being responsible for two core functions within the Ahmad Tea operations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Director of Business Development will:-
- Be an experienced operator at a senior management level with a proven track record of delivering business growth.
- Be an experienced business development professional with experience of growing FMCG brands.
- Be able to adapt to various cultures, environments and buying behaviours.
- Have a high level of commercial acumen and experience of forecasting/managing budgets.
- Have experience in managing distributors or agents in an international capacity.
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities and confident in 'leading from the front'.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills, confident in working with multiple stakeholders at various levels.
- Be a self-starter, enthusiastic, motivated individual working closely with the Director towards agreed corporate objectives.
- Based in the Southampton Head Office with some travel.
What's on Offer
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a recognised brand that has been established for over 30 years, with a chance to influence and play a significant role in driving growth globally.
On offer is a competitive basic salary and package, coupled with the opportunity to work for an established brand within the industry.
Please Note:- No 3rd party applicants will be considered and will be redirected through Michael Page for consideration.
Ref Code: MPGC13935044Z