National Account Manager
National Account Manager
- A senior role in the UK offices of a Privately Owned Market Leading Business
- Growing business in a developing category
About Our Client
I have exclusively partnered with Vandemoortele in search for an ambitious and commercially minded senior National Account Manager.
Vandemoortele is a leading European food group that manufactures and sells high-quality food products. Vandemoortele has two business lines; one in frozen bakery products and one in margarines, culinary oils and fats.
In Bakery Products, Vandemoortele offers throughout Europe a wide range of frozen bread products, pastry, sweet treats, patisserie and savoury products for professional users in the bakery and foodservice channels as well as for retailers, who appreciate the quality and convenience of Vandemoortele's products.
In Margarines, Culinary Oils & Fats, Vandemoortele targets European professional users with a broad portfolio of products that combine processability, taste and flavour, as well as European retailers with private label margarines and frying fats.
In 2017, Vandemoortele realised a turnover of ca 1,4 billion euro. The Group is present in 12 European countries with 5,200 employees. The Vandemoortele headquarters are located in Ghent, Belgium.
Working at Vandemoortele, with headquarters based in Belgium, you will therefore have a real impact on the business. For this exciting role based in Staines- upon-Thames, you will be working in a very convenient office location.
The National Account Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the budgeted volume, value and gross margin through negotiating price agreements, planning promotional activity and introducing new products.
- Expanding the company's relationship with the accounts by coordinating all inter-company communication and activity.
- Substantial experience managing national and international food retail accounts with specific ability to negotiate tenders and similar pricing arrangements. This should include negotiation and category management.
- Maximising the future potential of the accounts by compiling, agreeing and implementing account plans in line with Company strategy.
- Ensuring smooth running of administration through timely and accurate completion of all pricing, rebate and accrual paperwork.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for someone who will bring passion and energy to the role, with the spirit to "move things forward". Ideally:
- You have min. 5 years of successful commercial experience within the retail food/FMCG industry.
- You have a well-developed analytical (strong in figures, margins, calculation,..), conceptual and synthetic mindset. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative.
- Above all you are ambitious, energetic, driven and open to receive and give challenges.
- As a Food Lover, you are passionate about food.
- You are a well-structured and have strong organisational and negotiation skills.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a growing business that values its people and encourages growth and development.
This National Account Manager opportunity is a full-time office based permanent position based in Staines however, regular travel to clients within the UK and Ireland is required.
Vandemoortele are offering a generous salary, company car and bonus scheme for the right candidate.
If you are interested in learning more about this fantastic business, then please apply now or reach out directly to Leslie Davies Michael Page on 01189559587
Ref Code: MPGC13930570Z
Closing Date: 31/07/2018