£55,000 plus car allowance, bonus, medical, pension and 25 days holiday
Reporting to the Site General Manager and Commercial Director, the Procurement Manager will be joining one of the UK's most highly regarded Fresh Produce businesses who have a number of sites nationally. Due to outstanding year on year growth and ambitious growth plans within the organisation there is now a requirement for a Procurement Manager to join the team.
The key purpose as the Procurement Manager is to ensure the smooth running of the Scottish procurement team and department, ensuring that all supply, planning, financial and reporting targets are delivered in full and on time.
- To develop and maintain the most cost-effective supply base across the Scotland site
- Ensure regular contact is maintained by the whole procurement team with suppliers, to include regular supplier visits and annual performance reviews
- Control purchase prices and deductions whilst ensuring that the factory always has sufficient supplies of raw material and ingredients for all customers
- Ensure the procurement team is managed, developed and trained to carry out all relevant tasks as well as regularly communicating with the team and business about industry news and departmental performance.
- Work closely with planning and production colleagues to ensure the most effective and efficient method is taken to execute daily orders
- Reduce site wastage by always maximising the usage of all out-graded material into the ingredients factory or alternative means of revenue
- Keep abreast of all areas of the industry and escalate any issues that may affect the business to your line manager and the Site Management Team
The role requires all applicants to have an expert knowledge in the fresh produce / agricultural industry. You must have operated at Procurement/Buying/Trading Manager level previously, and have a proven track record of managing teams operating within the same functions.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is prepared to work hard and keen to progress within a growing business.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described or contact Clear Edge Search & Selection for further information on 01132 054970.