Senior Partner Manager - Managed On-Trade
Salary band: £50-60k
Reporting to: National Sales Manager
Location: Field Based
Maverick Drinks is the leading distributor of craft spirits in the UK, representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
We are growing hundreds of percent year-on-year, and that growth is still accelerating.
About the role
You will be responsible for driving the distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across your national managed on-trade customer base, acting as a consultant to the trade and bringing customers on the craft spirits journey. Supported by a Partner Manager, you’ll be both driving the growth and development of the existing customer base and seeking out new opportunities for business within the managed on-trade channel.
Essentials of the job
- Utilise key contacts within your network to create new business opportunities within the channel and establish a broad and diverse customer base
- Create the managed on-trade channel strategy and develop joint business plans in order to deliver against the budgeted growth targets for your channel
- Manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment
- Use your expertise in the craft spirits category and consumer to share category trends and insights to facilitate decision making and product ranging, leading to a greater presence for our brands
- Drive distribution, visibility and rate of sale of the Maverick Drinks core range, and subsequently leverage these listings to further establish distribution of the wider portfolio
- Utilise the wider internal team, including our world class portfolio brand ambassadors, to deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value for the customer
- Attend channel trade shows and industry specific events to broaden your network and influence across the potential customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business
- Liaise with the route-to-market NAMs and Wholesale Partner Manager to ensure product availability and accessibility across your account base
- You will be responsible for line-managing, training, motivating and developing the member of the Managed On-Trade partner team
- You will be highly capable at managing the full commercial picture, with strong numeracy skills and working knowledge of marketing investment effectiveness and the importance of return on investments
- Solid successful experience in full line management is imperative for this role
- Solid experience of account management within the spirits industry, including proven experience of national managed on-trade customers and extensive knowledge of the managed on-trade channel
- Experience of developing and implementing business processes and channel plan strategy would be essential
- Some experience of delivering exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category.
- Experience of new business development within the managed on-trade sector
- Confident in talking about category, trends and brands; ideally will have a strong working knowledge of the crafts spirits category in the UK or internationally.
- Strong understanding of customer marketing, including brand execution, trade marketing, pricing and category development
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Good IT competency, along with ability to produce engaging presentations
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level would be desirable, as would degree level education
- This role is field-based and will require nationwide travel; a full UK driving licence is therefore required.
More about you
- You’ll have a passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen
- You will possess a strong sense of purpose, be proactive and capable of working autonomously
- Ability to think outside the box and be able to challenge the status quo within the channel, be maverick
- Excellent attention to detail
- Presentable, articulate and polite
Why work for us?
We want to make sure that you love working for us as much as we love having you be part of our team. Below are just some of the reasons why you should join us….
- a workplace pension, a cycle2work scheme, a relaxed working environment, flexible working and the opportunity to work with the most intuitive, fun and hardworking people you’re ever likely to meet
Oh, and you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Senior Partner Manager - Managed On-Trade then please apply now!