Job Type: Business Development / Commercial Manager
Salary: £50,000 - 60,000K
Sector/Industry: FMCG (Food)
Job Reference: VAC-24189
Are you interested in being part of a fantastic FMCG organisation who offer a clear career development path and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing and ambitious business? If you’re currently seeking a Commercial Manager position with an appetite for responsibility within a truly incredibly business, please read on!
The primary focus for this position is to take responsibility for growing sales across both new and existing food service and retail accounts. Your role will also see you improve the company’s position within the market, identify new products opportunities and to achieve financial growth.
The company is an award-winning, independently owned food business of ambient products. With an international supply base in over 20 countries, they are exceptionally growing year on year and therefore increasing their presence in the UK Food Industry. They supply all major UK retailers along with foodservice customers. They are looking to appoint a Commercial Manager to join the team to focus on employing innovative sales solutions and to deliver value and ultimately exceed targets.
- Responsibility of building new business and managing very strong relationships
- Create, implement, review and revise detailed JBP which will drive the achievement of the account full year sales and volume budgets
- Responsible for all elements of the process including developing existing listings, generating new business, managing product launches and implementing promotional activities to deliver the sales and volume budget
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team through forecasting and delivery
- Working with the Category Insight Manager reporting on the latest developments and trends within the category
- Compiling commercial presentations to present to the individual customers
- Identifying new customers and sourcing new suppliers
- Develop customer relationships and raise awareness of the organisation and brand portfolio via ongoing professional conduct
- Proactive approach to identify new business opportunities and to take responsibility to drive them through the business
- Launch NPD
- Submitting promotional plans
- Gather market intelligence (store visits and online etc.)
- 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree
- Strong background in the FMCG food industry
- Exposure of working with/managing UK major retailers
- Ideally a minimum of 1 years business development experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to influence and negotiate in a confident manner, always maintaining a clear commitment to delivering business results
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate at Director level
- Confident in building and maintaining senior level relationships with customers
- Innovative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Collaborative approach
The opportunity for progression exists for ambitious and tenacious individuals who possess a desire to succeed. The company invest heavily in the personal development and growth of the individual through internal & external training.
Apply now for immediate interviews – email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business. Any direct or third party applications will be handled by The Advocate Group