Manufacturing Manager / Plant Manager
Job Type: Manufacturing Manager / Plant Manager
Location: North West – Runcorn / Widnes / Warrington
Salary: upto £70k (depending on experience) + benefits
Are you looking to be part of a leading FMCG business? Somewhere where you can achieve real success, make an impact and develop your career? If that interests you, please read on!
My client who is based in the North West has an award winning portfolio of world class brands.
My Client is a market leading company who have a global reach as they continue to distribute and supply customers around the world!
In this role you will be the direct leader of the manufacturing Operation at the North West site, you will be a driver of world class performance and service for the business.
- Direct and monitor department managers to ensure workflow.
- Drive growth in plant profit through continuous improvement. As the plant subject matter expert; develop, improve and sustain productivity improvements using Lean manufacturing tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, SMED, TPM and Kanban -- at the process, cell and value stream levels.
- Manage performance metrics. Performance reports and dashboards.
- Identify and prioritize high impact opportunities to improve business performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Monitor and control all plant overhead spend with the agreed budget.
- You will have plant wide responsibility for the hiring, training and development of staff.
The Successful candidate:
You will have the ability to prioritise and deliver in a fast paced environment, you will be highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to influence teams and reporting management.
- A minimum of three years’ experience within a senior manufacturing management role is essential.
- Degree / HND in operational management or an engineering related discipline preferred.
- A track record in Lean implementation and process improvement is essential.
- Management at a senior level within a FMCG manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in quality-related methods and techniques required along with understanding of quality management principles.
- Excellent inter personal skills, to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across the group and with external partners including suppliers and co-packers
- Strong organisational and statistical skills
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.