UK Sales Director
UK Sales Director
This market leading business provides product and solutions to the retail, leisure, entertainment, and travel sector. Established in the 90’s the group has built its reputation on quality of service, best in class product design, technology and solution provision, with nearly 3000 products in its portfolio they also have the ability to design, develop and manufacture to specification, they work with corporate clients all the way to SME customers.
The business is now at an exciting phase of growth. Having an established customer based, they now have the platform and infrastructure in place and an aggressive 3 year strategic plan and are looking to appoint a Sales Director with a proven track record to deliver a step change in performance, through structured account planning, sales infrastructure and customer service strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Sales Director looking to shake off the shackles and constraints of a big corporate, or an “up and coming” Head of Sales aiming to step up to the next level. The business is very much looking to scale up, so will require someone who is excited, rather than daunted, by the prospect of developing and implementing their own structures and ways of working, in tandem with driving capability across the sales team.
Reporting to the MD, you’ll be required to develop and agree with the Board a long term sales & trade marketing strategy to deliver the 3- 5 year plan. You’ll have full P&L responsibility and lead key customer relationships and negotiations. You’ll be finely tuned to the needs and positioning of the brand, ensuring that the sales plan is in line with the brand value proposition and its positioning. In addition to devising and delivering the strategic plan, you will need to lead, motivate and inspire the team to success. Ultimately, you define and manage KPI’s and other measures as well as coach and train the team to develop within their roles and drive capabilities and competencies across the organisation.
Mandatory requirements for applicants:
- A track record working with a product led business
- Previous experience and track record of managing, developing and leading sales and commercial teams in a high growth environment
- Proven ability to deliver and maintain winning relationships with procurement teams of corporates through to founders and owners of SME’s
- Highly commercial and financially rigorous
- Strong understanding of drivers at consumer and customer level, with experience of or strong understanding and appreciation for retail, leisure, travel and service providers.
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy
Interested candidates should email our retained consultant Paul Bendelow, attaching an up to date CV quoting reference PB/26346/bpe at firstname.lastname@example.org