Southern Area Sales Manager
We need a highly motivated and experienced Southern Area Sales Manager looking for an exciting challenge within a dynamic, profitable company.
Shortlisted for a Yorkshire Post Business in Excellence award in 2017, Eurostar Commodities is an established, reputable and rapidly growing business supplying quality food commodities and ingredients across the UK and Ireland, primarily to food manufacturers, wholesale and food service. As a result we need an experienced Southern Area Sales Manager, based in the London area, to work closely with our existing sales team, to drive sales and profitability growth.
Our Huddersfield based family business is in its 25th year and our supportive and proactive senior team has exciting expansion plans. We are experiencing a huge surge in growth leading the UK in several areas of new product development. As part of this small team you will play a crucial role in the success of the business, as well as enjoy autonomy in your region.
Our Southern Area Sales Manager is responsible for managing existing customer accounts across the south as well as identifying and attracting prospective new accounts for the business, maximizing all opportunities for retention, sales and profit growth.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Manage existing company accounts for the business, build and maintain relationships with key personnel
- Meet all existing account KPIs including sales targets and profitability goals according to account plans
- Take a proactive approach to account management and manage sales strategy for own accounts
- Identify and attract new prospect accounts, identifying specific needs and managing the new sales process effectively
- Develop account plans, including forecasting account performance and reviewing budgets to grow accounts according to targets
- Contribute to development and NPD strategy which supports the business and account plan requirements
Profile, skills and experience
- Proven experience (5 yrs+) managing accounts and meeting KPIs within food, ideally commodities
- Proven experience in achieving new business targets
- Proven track record of working to KPIs, achieving targets and growing business within own accounts
- Be able to think outside the box and drive innovation
Competitive basic salary (£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience), plus commission plus car.