Partner Manager – On-trade - Scotland & North East
Salary band: £25-35k (Depending on experience)
Reporting to: National Sales Manager
Focus cities: Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Partner Manager with passion and enthusiasm for all things spirits, to drive distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio. The successful applicant will act as a consultant and bring our Partners (‘customers’) on the craft spirits journey.
The ideal candidate will have on-trade sales experience, an extensive knowledge of the focus geographical areas and the ability to create a delicious and thought provoking cocktail.
Everyone we work with on our awesome craft spirits portfolio is a partner of ours. We would never push a product upon our Partners and we are consultative in our approach. Pubs, bars and restaurants only stock our brands because they love them. Therefore, our sales teams are encouraged to partner with their customers, hence the name Partner Manager.
Maverick Drinks is a rapidly growing distribution business representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
You will be responsible for driving the distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio across the on-trade within your territory, working with a stable of multi-award-winning brands including Ableforth’s, FEW Spirits, That Boutique-y Whisky Co, Balcones, Kyrö Distillery Company, Wolfburn, New York Distilling, etc.
Main purpose of the role:
- Taking full ownership of your given territory, you will employ a consultative selling approach, you will drive distribution through both existing and new business on-trade outlets.
- Establish strong visibility for our brands within outlets. You will achieve this through jointly branded initiatives on cocktail and spirit menus, and bespoke promotional activities.
- Get the trade “Thinking Craft” - Use your expertise on the craft spirits category to share category insights in order to facilitate product ranging.
- Manage the full customer picture, planning and executing A&P investment brilliantly.
- Utilise the internal team to deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value.
- Liaise with the Wholesale Partner Manager to ensure regional product availability and accessibility.
- Work collaboratively with industry peers from wholesalers to soft drinks suppliers to build a strong network.
- Experience of having worked behind a bar is essential to being successful in this role. In this industry, you’ve got to walk the talk.
- Curation of cocktail lists and skills in trade marketing would be hugely valuable.
- Solid sales or account management and new business development within the spirits industry, specifically in the on-trade.
- Experience of launching NPD or challenger brands into the on-trade.
- Reasonably extensive knowledge of the geographical area within which you will be working in the on-trade, with demonstrable knowledge of movers and shakers in focus areas.
- Strong product knowledge spanning all categories of spirits, preferably along with an understanding of the craft spirits category.
- Must have the ability to manage A&P spend and carry out controlled measurement and evaluation of executed activities.
- Excellent numeracy and language skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good IT competency, an experience of Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations. However, a strong Microsoft Office history will be helpful in learning Google Suite.
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level would be desirable, as would degree level education.
- This role is field-based and will require regional travel; a full UK driving licence is therefore required.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working - We’re focussed on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work...
- A relaxed working environment - There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge - The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days - Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range - Just in case that makes a difference.
Feel like this is the role for you? Well, within your cover letter, we want to see what is your favourite drink (it doesn’t have to be alcoholic) and why it should become our favourite drink! Send it along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!