Trade Marketing Manager Hayman's Gin
The Hayman family is the longest serving gin distilling family in England. The family has been making the finest handcrafted gins since 1863. Today, Hayman Distillers is run by 5th generation James and Miranda Hayman, supported by their father Christopher
Despite this heritage, Hayman's is today as entrepreneurial as its smaller craft gin competitors on the market, and as such made the decision and the family's long-held ambition to move distillation back to the English capital from its current location in Essex.
Located moments from Balham High Road, South London, the new distillery will provide room for a training area and consumer events space, which will be used to bring the Hayman family's long association with English Gin to life.
As part of this exciting move, Hayman's have made the decision to set up a brand new UK sales team and are looking to grow the marketing team by creating a new position for Trade Marketing Manager. This is such a unique opportunity for anyone joining the team at this time to be part of the growth and development of the business.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To act as the lynchpin between our growing sales and marketing teams - working with both UK and international colleagues to develop the forward plans and materials they require to bring the Hayman's brand to life in-market effectively.
- You will be the main marketing point of contact for our international customers and UK sales team and will bring to the role the commercial edge required to create budgeted annual activation plans that will work financially for the brand, the organisational skills required to communicate and deliver them in a timely manner and the soft skills necessary to work effectively with other colleagues in the team.
- This is a senior position within the team. During periods where the Brand Director is overseas or otherwise out of the office you will take a leadership position within the team with responsibilities for managing other team-members and ensuring that standards and regular scheduled meetings are maintained.
- 7+ years' relevant experience with 2+ years' experience within a similar role in the drinks industry (we are not looking for candidates who are looking to take a step up - we need someone who can hit the ground running and own the role)
- Exceptionally strong organisational and forward-planning skills.
- Strong budget and project management skills with ability to manage a long and complex to-do list without projects dropping off.
- Ability to travel to meet international customers as required.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with ability to work autonomously throughout the week and manage others within the team as required.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic distillery team, with a flexible attitude and a can-do' approach. Admin support will be limited.
- Existing knowledge of the gin category and / or premium spirits market strongly desirable.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk .
Please note: all direct applicants from candidates and agencies to Hayman's will be redirected to New Chapter.