National Account Controller
About the Role
The National Account Controller at Refresco reports to the Commercial Director, and heads up designated retailer customer accounts including responsibility for turnover, volume and profitability and ensuring optimum performance. You will provide full on customer focus forging stronger business partner relationships between Refresco and your retail customers. The available role is to manage our accounts for Sainsbury, M&S and Waitrose.
You will need to be strategic and tactical in your approach delivering, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for delivering board approved budgeted annual volume and revenue for your retail customers;
- Implement key strategies for maintenance and growth of your customers;
- Responsible for the control and allocation of advertising and promotional budgets for branded sales;
- Responsible for short and long term strategic planning to achieve profitable growth in all soft drink categories for customers;
- Driving and coordinating the internal resource to deliver NPD and own label initiatives from concept to launch;
- Managing all Account projects involving customer initiatives;
- Liaise cross functionally and with the senior team at Refresco and your customers;
- Work proactively with the Refresco brands team to build and implement the annual plan effectively;
- Provide broad level communication links between Refresco and the varied contact network across the customer’s head office;
- Ensure customer demand is in line with the agreed forecast by drawing upon the relationship with the customer and the supply chain teams internally and externally to ensure that forecast accuracy is maintained at the agreed KPI levels;
- Instigate and lead project teams internally within Refresco and across the wider group to improve business performance, collaboration and results.
Of course you are organised, innovative and analytical with a highly pro-active attitude helping you to identify opportunities for growth and improvement with your key account customers. It goes without saying that you’re an excellent people person with strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills. As a driven, conscientious and tenacious individual, you’ll have a real passion for making things happen and delivering quality on time.
You will need the following experience:
- You are an accomplished National Account Controller or Senior Manager with a proven track record of profitable and sustainable sales delivery and marketing exposure;
- You have at least five years sales experience in an FMCG blue chip food and drinks industry sector organisation which includes a demonstrable record of success with some of the top five grocery retailers, ideally with 'named' customers;
- Successful delivery of retailer own label NPD experience is essential;
- Strong commercial awareness and first class negotiating ability is essential;
- Positive can do approach, adept at conflict management whilst also being on the front foot to seek out and exploit business opportunities;
- Experience of working with and using Category Management to identify opportunities to support the sales process;
- Experience of a large-scale Food and Drink business and the associated processes e.g. forecast-driven just in time and vendor manage inventory - led production.
- Experience of selling Brands and Private Label to named retail customers.
This role is based in our new Headquarters in Kegworth, Derbyshire. You can be based anywhere in the UK providing you can spend 2 to 3 days per week in Kegworth.
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. So, yes, it's safe to say we're ambitious. We're thirsty for more, constantly looking to the future. To new products, new services, new markets, new customers. Through our people applying our core values of ‘Responsible’, ‘Entrepreneurial’, ‘Excellent’, ‘Market Driven’ and ‘Innovative’ we have grown substantially since 1999 and we will continue to be successful.
In the UK, the Refresco headquarters are based in Kegworth, Derbyshire, and we employ 1800 people across 6 sites (Bridgwater, Kegworth, Nelson, Bondgate, Wrexham & Macduff). We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's, Sainsbury, ALDI and Lidl to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray, Weetabix, Del Monte and Um Bongo. We have packaging capability in Cartons, PET, Aseptic PET and Cans.
Our head office is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Refresco is the world’s largest independent bottler soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers. With production in Europe, North America and Mexico our global sourcing and local R&D capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of products, manufactured to customer specifications and requirements.
Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices, vegetable juices, nectars, water and water +, carbonated soft drinks, energy and sports drinks, seasonal and speciality drinks and ready to drink tea, in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass packaging.
In addition to the efficiency of our bottling processes, we can also provide our customers with total supply chain solutions – from planning and sourcing of raw materials and packaging through to warehousing and transportation.
We are able to develop new concepts and bring these to market in an extremely short time frame.
Refresco operates in Europe & North America:
12 billion litres
3.6 billion Euros revenue ($US 4 billion) - 2016
345 m Euros profit ($US 382 million) – 2016
59 production facilities
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is circa £65 k per annum dependent on experience and achievements, plus car allowance, plus annual bonus and generous company pension scheme.