Are you a Category Controller looking for your next challenge? We have the right opportunity for you at Greencore Northampton to work with our M&S category team.
As our new Category Controller you will manage and focus on leading the development of our team's strategy and vision with M&S. You will utilise customer and consumer insight, strategic recommendations and action plans to improve category performance across chilled food.
You will lead the ongoing relationship with M&S to provide a strong point of contact, ensuring consistency and communication as you’ll be presenting your recommendations and future plans to M&S on a regular basis, engaging with them and delivering compelling category stories..
You will identify and develop Category plans and propositions in line with M&S requirements whilst analysing and interpreting category reports to generate actionable insight which will improve overall business and customer performance.
- Develop and deliver tailored collaborative category plans across a number of key retail partners.
- Devise and execute retailer specific research programmes and market activations
- Implements and develops robust category processes
- Build and maintain mid-level relationships within retail partners to develop truly collaborative partnerships
- Champion implementation of Greencore’s ‘Fixture of the Future’ category vision across our retailer base and within Greencore itself
- Partners with account level Development teams to ensure insight is correctly used to build bespoke long-term product plans
- Manage and develop self-contained team of category managers in order to deliver category plans for customers and maintain fit for purpose structure and skill set.
- Broad knowledge of the Food to Go market in particular Chilled Food
- Experience in category marketing role including sourcing and use of multiple data source and research
- Ideally M&S Customer exposure or worked with Chilled Food Categories
- Experience of managing a team of marketing managers
- Leadership and inter-personal skills
- Numerical and problem solving
- Business and commercial acumen
- Analytical mind with a curious nature and numerically strong
- Advanced presentation and powerpoint skills
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Food to Go Northampton is undergoing unprecedented growth with over £30 Million invested in our site. The end result is that we have recently opened our 5th unit. Greencore always look to put people at the core, and at Northampton our Learning and Development team have delivered well over 30,000 hours of training in the past year alone. We offer a clear and well defined career path and will actively look at how we can enable our colleagues to push themselves forward.
Of of the Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.