Depot Manager - Wholesale Cash & Carry
Abra wholesale is a leading FMCG wholesaler based in North London with an excellent track record of robust growth, supplying retailers and caterers in Cash and Carry and Delivered channels. We currently require Depot Manager to lead the team and manage the day to day operations of the business.
Your role will be to lead and manage the warehouse Operations and help to run the business smoothly with highest level of customer service and satisfaction. You will be responsible for customer service, merchandising, staff and health and safety.
As our Depot Manager you will manage and co-ordinate all of the delivery operations of the depot including stock management, replenishment, marshalling and loading, ensuring the on-going achievement of depot KPI’s, targets and objectives. In addition, you’ll provide an excellent customer, colleague and stakeholder experience, motivating and inspiring your team to achieve results whilst acting as a champion the Abra Values.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need previous experience of successfully leading a team in a fast paced Wholesale or logistics supply chain operation. Highly organised, with exceptional planning skills you’ll have the ability to effectively manage and prioritise tasks.
- Leading a team of 60 warehouse operatives
- Training, managing and motivating staff.
- Implementing the company health and safety procedures.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Merchandising and stock management through WMS
- Managing delivery vehicles and drivers.
- Implementing company policies and procedures.
- Control of stock management through regular stock takes
- Ensure accurate picking of orders
- Staff training on all health and safety matters
- Ensure all departmental activities meet the organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal and environmental policies
- Ensure high merchandising and floor standards
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Leadership experience minimum 3 years
- Ideally qualified in Supply Chain, Operations discipline
- Knowledge of using ERP systems (Ideally SAP) and WMS
- Ability to work in a fast paced trading environment
- Excellent communication
- Self motivated, committed, highly organised and efficient.
- Passion and drive to succeed.
Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the above criteria, as only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted further.