Sales Manager – Garden/Gift
Sales Manager – Garden/Gift
Competitive Salary + Additional Benefits
Home Based – 3 Days a Fortnight in the Office in Gloucestershire
My client is a up and coming premium garden giftware business with over 15 of successful trading. The company have a great reputation for producing attractive yet practical garden gifts. The business is multi award winning and hold various licenses such as the BBC.
Due to growth, the business is in a position to add a Sales Manager to their growing team. As Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing profitable sales in the Independent Gift sector, particularly Garden Centres, Visitor Centres and Independent Gift Shops (in Midlands/ South of England). Also ensure existing trading accounts remain active, re-open lapsed customers and build new account base
You will inherit a portfolio of accounts including National Accounts and independent accounts throughout the South and Midlands. The role will require a lot of travelling across the South and Midlands areas. The role would suit an energetic, entrepreneurial person with an interest in premium gifting products based ideally around Gloucester, Bristol, Oxfordshire or close surrounding areas.
- Responsibility for customers in the Independent and National Account sectors (incl. Garden Centres/ Visitor Centres/ Independent gift shops and Multiple Retail), in Midlands/ South of England.
- Grow total customer sales and margin in line with budget/ targets.
- New business development - open new accounts and achieve agreed targets.
- Develop inactive and lapsed accounts to become active accounts
- Create a weekly plan of activity to ensure priority focus on key accounts, those who shopped in same period previous year, follow-up of new accounts and prospecting (calls & visits).
- Work with Marketing Apprentices to ensure planned activity undertaken and effectively communicate with Support Centre teams to support business initiatives.
- Make sales visits within assigned territory to take orders, improve brand merchandising, discuss new opportunities and introduce new ranges/ lines.
- Report on contact with customers using SAP database.
- Report on progress as necessary at weekly Trading Meeting.
- Attend Trade Shows and use to further develop company profile with accounts.
- Demonstrate ATP behaviours and ensure that actively participates in line with the company Charter.
- Articulate, enthusiastic, positive, high energy, passionate about retail and gift products.
- Understands gift sector and customer base (independent shops/ GCs/ VCs).
- Numerate and able to use figures/ spreadsheets to create business plans and assess performance.
- 3-5 yrs sales experience, including within the gift sector.
- Mobile, flexible, full driving licence and able to cover the region including visits as necessary.
Apply for Sales Manager – Garden/Gift
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly