Area Sales Manager
Job title: Area Sales Manager
Location: South West + South Wales
Salary: £attractive basic salary plus open-ended bonus potential, car and benefits
Sector: Pet food
Job type: permanent
Job reference: NH/20100
- Represent two of the world’s highest quality pet food brands
- Inherit an established sales area with huge potential
- Enjoy a bonus package that rewards high performance
Bern Pet Foods Ltd is the UK & Ireland distributor for ‘Orijen’ and ‘Acana’ – the Canadian pet food brands that are considered to be some of the highest quality in the world. Over the last 15 years Uk sales have increased rapidly and we are pleased to announce a new opportunity for an experienced Sales Representative to join our team in the South West / South Wales area.
The role of Area Sales Manager:
Home based, you will work as a key member of a small team, planning your time to cover your area – visiting customers on a journey cycle that maximises contact time. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing each customer’s sales history to establish an effective journey plan
- Create specific objectives for every customer that will introduce new product listings and increase turnover
- Build strong relationships with all decision makers and store staff
- Provide product training and merchandising support
- Achieving sales and activity targets
- Feedback of market issues to the Sales Manager
- Candidate Profile – Area Sales Manager:
- This is an opportunity for a skilled field Sales Representative to develop our exciting brands in a lucrative area.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- A home location in the Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Swindon or Taunton area
- An impressive track record of field sales experience dealing with independent retailers
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a strong understanding of effective journey planning
- An enthusiastic, positive and sociable character
- The ability to merchandise and provide in-store product training
- A great communicator at all levels with excellent negotiating, influencing and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the desire and determination to achieve results.
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and open-ended bonus scheme that fully rewards achievement. In addition, we offer a company car, fuel card, mobile and laptop.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22 June.
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Area Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly