Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £32-36K DOE
Sector/ Industry: FMCG
Job Reference: VAC-24210
Are you interested in being part of a small but fast growing brand who offer a clear career development path and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing and ambitious business?
If you’re currently operating as a Field Sales Representative or NAE with an appetite for more responsibility looking to make a big impact, then this opportunity will be perfect for you!
My client are an importer and wholesaler of premium products which they offer to the UK and all EU countries. This year they launched new a new range of retail products and in August they plan to launch an exciting new range. They are a very health focused team and brand who believe that passion, quality, variety, care and fairness is what makes the business tick!
The business is made up of a small team and are looking for a hard worker who is willing to get stuck in with all aspects of the business. You will be a proactive in managing key accounts as well as hunting out new business opportunities! If you are a hardworking, creative guru with a go-getter personality and an ambitious drive to succeed within the FMCG market, please read on…
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting the company products in an appropriate manner to make a sale
- Developing and maintaining relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming emails and phone enquiries
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement
- Ensuring close of sale
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions
- Negotiating on: price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on product developments and discussing special promotions
- Checking the quantities of goods on display and in stock
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system
- Reviewing your own personal sales performance, aiming to exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practices with team
- Representing the company at trade shows and exhibitions; gaining new customers and selling to existing customers
- Impressive sales background (food industry) and ability to demonstrate a high standard of quality and work ethics
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Target driven and a self-starter
- Experience within a food or related industry
- Able to understand key data & trends to make key & timely decisions
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to overcome work-related obstacles
- Driven team player
In return for this skillset, this organisation offers the chance to be a part of a fantastic team with a highly competitive salary and a great career path.
- 28 Days holiday + bank holidays + a day off for your birthday
- The basic salary is between £32,000 to £36,000 (depends on skills, experience and education background)
- The commission is 0.5% (uncapped commission) from sales from new customers
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.