Senior Designer - Gifting & Homeware
CSG are partnered with a Design-led, gift brand who are looking for an experienced creative product and packaging designer to lead their creative team.
You will have a least 6 years+ of working as a Senior Designer within a creative wholesale environment and will have designed gift products for retailers including Debenhams, House of Fraser, Boots, John Lewis, Top Shop and Dorothy Perkins.
- Taking on complete ownership of projects, generating new and original designs based on briefs and emerging
- Working closely with Directors to decide plan for design and implement
- Reviewing the target market ensuring products and packaging suit the voice of the brand and target retailers
- Taking responsibility for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with account managers and product developers within business inspiring new designs/ranges coming through
- Producing factory ready designs to brief, for both product and product packaging, both structural and
- Delivering a variety of design disciplines -‐ Illustrative, typographic and
- Preparing presentations for sales team to present to retailers in UK and all-round world taking
- Regularly comp shopping the retail markets to take inspiration to keep products fresh and unique
- Ensuring the Product Development team is kept fully informed of progress made against set objectives and deadlines
- Working across the company marketing material ensuring voice and
- As the business grows and develops, you will need to build a talented team to support you and the requirements of the business
- 6+ years design experience within consumer products sector
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite package (adobe illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- Experience of designing successful retail products and packaging, within the gift sector.
- Experience briefing work with the Far East and Europe suppliers
- Must be able to show a broad creative portfolio of work, including product and packaging examples at interview.
- Ability to work within a small but growing business environment and have demonstrated people management skills
- It would be beneficial for applicants to already have experience working as a designer for a gift wholesale company.