National Account Manager
National Account Manager - FMCG
Based in Suffolk, Robinson Young is the UK’s largest supplier of non-food products specialising in supplying fast moving consumer goods to all multiple retailers, cash & carries and wholesalers. We represent major manufacturers and brands across 4 specialist divisions; Household, Foodservice/Catering, Stationery and Healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive sales professional to manage and develop a portfolio of national accounts, whilst identifying new profitable business opportunities. National Account Managers are expected to understand key market dynamics and the core strategies of assigned accounts, in order to develop mutually beneficial joint business plans.
In conjunction with the Sales Director, and key head office functions, the National Account Manager will develop and implement appropriate and unique sales building strategies for each of his / her assigned accounts, aligned to broader company, channel and customer strategies.
To that end all National Account Managers play a high profile and pivotal role in the on-going and future success of Robinson Young Ltd.
This position can be either home of office based dependent on the location of the candidate.
Requirements of the role:
- Have strong transferable commercial skills and acumen
- Have experience in researching, planning and preparing for high quality customer meetings in order to secure new business and deliver the primary objective of profitable growth
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills
- Understands data and how to analyse sales, where appropriate, to identify short/medium/long term plans, translating them into worthwhile business opportunities
- IT competent and confident, particularly in the use of Microsoft excel and Power Point applications
- Highly Numerate, able to negotiate margins, agree prices and prepare promotional support programmes for assigned accounts
- You will have a Proven track record of managing major retail/wholesale accounts ideally within FMCG
- Experience working with such retailers as Amazon would be extremely advantageous
The ideal candidate will be a driven individual, with a proven track record in delivering growth and improving customer profitability, with the ability to adapt their approach to succeed in a competitive and demanding environment.
You will be able to work at , building positive relationships with both existing and new customers which is key to delivering success in this role and you will have the ability to ‘add value’ quickly.
This would suit a confident individual who has a proven track record in a senior sales role who is looking for a position where they can ‘make a difference’ and do more than just manage a portfolio of accounts.
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, commission package, car and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
*Due to the high volume that these roles attract if you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion. We do however, thank you for your interest.
Apply for National Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly