SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
South of M25
The company is an established independent food business serving a fast-moving and demanding market sector. Its expertise is in innovative product development and manufacture coupled with a global supply chain with a high customer service focus – food manufacturing, warehousing and logistics is outsourced to established supplier partners in the UK and abroad. The market which it serves is a high-volume but quality-sensitive business with some larger, well-known players. Our client operates in an expanding niche of speciality food products and has grown through its food quality, service reliability and excellent customer relationships.
As part of the company’s exciting growth, there is a need for an enthusiastic and effective supply chain manager to manage the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s manufacturing, supply chain and logistics function from sales forecast to order fulfilment and delivery. You will lead the supply chain operations team which is responsible for managing the company’s outsourced manufacturing and supply chain processes, ensuring they are optimised for effective operation and cost efficiency, including the planning and production of food products and associated packaging, stock management, road and sea freight and associated export administration.
The company uses Microsoft Navision Dynamics and highly developed processes to facilitate its end-end supply chain and you will be responsible for the efficient and effective use of these systems to optimise the deployment of your team and further the company’s service reputation.
You will be team and relationship orientated, with a deep and thorough understanding of how the end-to-end supply chain operates, with:
- Extensive supply chain experience, with a detailed knowledge of supplier management, demand planning and inventory management, ideally with experience in food production/distribution sectors
- Experience working in outsourced environments and with contract manufacturing
- Experience in managing an operations team to deliver high quality products in a highly innovative and time-critical market
- Managing and working to operational and financial targets
- CIPS/CILT qualified (Desirable not essential)
The company is located south of the M25.
Please apply with a full CV and information on your current salary package to email@example.com