National Account Manager - OTC Wholesalers
About The Business:
This global cosmetic and dermatological manufacturer has been trading for more than 40 years with sales now tipping $3.3bn.
Recently acquired by one of the world’s largest FMCG businesses, they have gained huge funding to develop their already revolutionary product lines to bring them from the niche to the mass markets.
With an impressive senior leadership team from the likes of Coty, Novartis, Tesco and Bayer, these guys are big hitters. This business can give you the connections needed to really accelerate both your career and your skill set where success is celebrated across the company.
About The Opportunity:
National Account Manager – OTC Wholesalers
- £45,000 - £50,000 Basic Salary
- 20% Bonus
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare
Due to the continued expansion of the Aesthetics and Correctives side of the business, we’re looking for a National Account Manager to take control of the Rx Wholesaler division.
This role will NOT require a standard account management approach. Rather, you’ll be focusing on:
- Working with the business’s main wholesale distribution partners
- Maintaining current relationships and building on them
- Having the autonomy to make quick, impactful yet insightful decisions if you believe certain wholesalers should be selling different lines. And they’ll want you to make the deal and see the end to end project management of it
- Cross selling the Consumer portfolio when applicable to grow distribution points and grow overall market share and gross turnover
- On top of the wholesalers you’ll be working with some small groups of family run pharmacies
- This will require you to create a need for your products and then use the wholesalers as RTM distributors
The progression for the role is immense and having grown company turnover 10-fold in less than 5 years, it’s an extremely exciting time to join them.
We are looking for a high calibre, ambitious, consumer goods professional and whilst previous experience in the OTC pharmaceutical market is beneficial, it is certainly not a pre-requisite. It will be all down to your commercial acumen, customer focus and ability to inspire those around you that will set you apart.
You’ll be ambitious and keen to raise the bar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role or related business
- Experience with account management responsibility in FMCG/OTC/Rx
- Understanding and management data is desirable, inc. P&L
- Strong understanding of application of sales levers to specific customer and market dynamics
- Perform analysis weekly, monthly, quarterly as per requirement of internal reporting and external account management.
- Financial understanding related to sales levers
- Networking / Relationship Management
- Time Management / Organisation
- Inspires to deliver high-quality service. Looks for what the customer really needs, over and beyond request. Knows products and their value to customers and knows how they can work collaboratively to meet the customer needs
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting. We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 360360 – we look forward to being in touch.