- Greengate Brewery, Middleton, Greater Manchester
- Competitive Salary, Discount Card, Pension Scheme
JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join the growing team. We’re going further to brew great times. Want to be part of it?
It all started for us in 1828 and although we brew some delicious beers and run some magnificent pubs we know it would be nothing without great people. As a Junior Buyer, you’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
With barrels of personality and enthusiasm by the gallon, you’ll be an expert in communication and know how to work well as part of a team. Leading by example, your work ethic will set the bar high and you’ll be as interesting and exciting as our award-winning ales. Ideally a professional in your field or one in the making, you’ll remain super cool under pressure and have a passion for setting and delivering outstanding and memorable customer experiences.
- Take on specific projects in sourcing and commercial negotiation to ensure that the company gets the best value for money in the goods and services it buys.
- Categories responsible for include Food and Bar snacks, Coffee and machines, waste disposal, dispense gas, stationary, linen hire, hotel supplies, kitchen deep cleans, light catering equipment, uniforms, workwear and oil collection.
- Support the Purchasing Manager by researching specific supply markets to understand their impact on purchasing strategies.
- Support the Managed house team with new acquisitions and refurbishments
- Maintain a record of all contracts and assist in compiling a sourcing plan
- Monitor the cost savings performance of the Purchasing Department
- Maintain good communication with all internal departments and external stakeholders
- Manage and maintain purchasing data in systems, I.e. Food ordering system and Recipe Management system.
Our six values run through everything we do, and we’ll expect that you are…
Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the Junior Buyer extraordinaire we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
First stage Group Assessments will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at our Greengate Brewery, Manchester. (Start time 2pm).