Field Sales Manager- Global Brands (Exciting Leisure/OOH Channel)- South
As one of the UK's fastest growing Food Businesses our client is part of a wider Global Group. Their strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Leading Edge Brand & Category solutions. Operating within the Branded arena, their Leading Brands are-
- Impulse/OOH Focused
- Have high levels of NPD
As the Field Sales Manager you will take accountability several Leading Regional Leisure Buying Groups and Lead a team of 6 people. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance with the South of the UK.
You will Lead, Manage & Inspire the Field Sales Team to maximise sales opportunities within individual stores. In addition, to utilise the Performance, Customer, Category and Competitor information available at the customer point of sale to enable continuous review of the effectiveness of the marketing and sales strategies and to support the company's position as category leader with the customers.
The Field Sales Plan will assist the Sales Director in delivering the respective sales plan and in doing so, maximise profitability.
The above will be achieved by establishing collaborative internal and external relationships, understanding fully the current capability of the Field Sales Team and having a sound grasp of the overall commercial strategy and the role to be played by field sales in delivering that strategy.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of a company Field Sales Plan which is aligned with the overall Sales Plan.
- Cascade the overall Field Sales Plan into a Territory Plan, which is aligned with the particular requirements and opportunities provided by the customers in the territory.
- Produce appropriate budgets and monitor and authorise such costs and expenditure as are budgeted, re-forecasted and fall within agreed limits and areas of accountability.
- Based on agreed retailer joint business plans, set out detailed quarterly sales targets and related bonuses.
- Use the opportunity presented by close customer contact to provide feedback to the company on performance against brand values and insights in terms of changing consumer preferences and customer performance.
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate the Southern Field Sales Team to achieve maximum in-store opportunities and deliver quarterly targets.
- Ensure territory managers & Key Account Managers are clearly briefed on key objectives for customer visits in relation to quality, stock availability, location/space, promotions, new business opportunities and gaining buyer commitment.
- Continuously engage with the team on territory performance and ensure effective execution of in-store agendas by having in place the necessary Planning and Management Process.
- Obtain, Maintain, Review and Report key insights and determined plans from all relevant category and competitive information/data
- Ensure store visit reports are recorded and weekly reports are compiled and submitted by each territory manager.
- Constantly review the management and engagement process, thereby ensuring that the territory managers are equipped to perform their role to the highest standard.
- Working with the territory managers, identify sales performance issues with products or customers or particular territories and work with the territory manager to take action accordingly.
- Deliver as required Field Sales Team performance to the UK Sales Director, together with recommendations on those areas where performance is falling short of expectation with recommendations.
- Meet with the Field Sales Team on an agreed regular basis to review performance, provide an opportunity for team development and engagement, and communicate both field and company performance.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong direct man-management experience of leading a highly motivated sales team for a leading FMCG Branded or Own Label Business.
For this role- you could have gained channel experience across any of the following:
- Leisure- OOH (HORECA) or On-Trade
- Foodservice Wholesale or Foodservice- End User
- Cash & Carry &/or C&I
- Challenging in outlook to avoid adherence to the status quo.
- An ability to work both independently and to recognise the benefits of being a key member of the UK Sales Team.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills to engage and motivate the team who are remote in relation to the UK Head Office.
- Enthusiastic in outlook and able to be flexible in responding to a wide range of diverse issues.
- A True Leader (High Level of Emotional Intelligence) This business is Not simply about "the end result"', but also "How" you do this. (And the impact on others around You)
Apply for Field Sales Manager- Global Brands (Exciting Leisure/OOH Channel)- South
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly