Salary - £ Attractive + Benefits
Do you have experience of working in retail/ consumer product group environment? Can you make things happen with agility and pace? Are you looking for a new challenge in the food industry? If so we would like to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our Category Team at one of the leading global food manufacturer and UK's leading herbs, spices and seasonings brand, Schwartz.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Category Controller, the individual will have responsibility for driving McCormick status as the category leader through the development of strategic category management relationships with nominated accounts.
You will develop joint category plans that deliver growth with specific customers to include range, promotions, NPD in line with category and brand strategy.
- Be the powerful voice of the shopper for our retail partners and the internal organisation, delivering a capability that will be viewed as best in class across the retail trade.
- Develop, present and implement account specific category plans.
- Develop and present rationale for initiatives such as NPD in conjunction with sales and marketing teams.
- Work with internal teams to develop distribution targets and performance hurdle rates.
- Ensure effective implementation of product launches through sell-in activities, in-store support coordination and planogram updates.
- Support the development and implementation of the category strategy.
- Monitor and review performance of the category, brand and activities in specific accounts for internal and external review.
- Review and monitor relevant retailer data to measure performance in conjunction with category analyst.
- Ensure category range reviews and planograms are implemented effectively through planning and timely internal and external communication and coordination.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of in-store display activities including FSDU/related displays. Manage in-store theatre and POS.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Commercial FMCG experience.
- Multiple category management experience.
- Experience with dealing with top 4 retailers.
- Ability to use IRI, Nielsen EPOS and other category insight data sets.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated insight into action.
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6 % globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly