Tactical Retail Development Representative - South London
Imperial Tobacco is a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the globe. Our UK Sales Market (ITUK) is the UK tobacco market leader manufacturing and distributing a wide ranging portfolio tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products.
Do you want to work for a UK Market Leader as a Sales Representative? Do you want to join one of only a handful of European businesses who are Top Employer, certified for 2018?
As a Sales Rep at Imperial Tobacco, you will receive a:
- Salary of £31,857 + London Weighting (only use this for London roles). This will increase to £35,916 once you secure a permanent sales territory.
- 24% bonus opportunity
- Company car
- Company iPhone and iPad
- 29 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), with an option to purchase additional holiday
- Generous company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme, gym discounts, recognition schemes etc.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tactical Retail Development Representative to join our Independent Retail division within the UK Sales Business of Imperial Tobacco. You will be part of a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the globe. Imperial Tobacco have also recently been certified as a Top UK and European Employer.
Imperial Tobacco is the UK's number 1 Tobacco business with brands such as L&B, JPS, Rizla and GV. We are always looking to expand our portfolio and build new revenue streams for our business. We also focus on E-Vapour and other Next Generation Products (NGP) - securing the long term future of our business.
As a member of our Independent Retail sales force you will be joining a multi-award winning team, having recently been voted as the UKs Most Effective Salesforce by over 20,000 retailers for the 2nd year running. You will ideally be located in or around South East London, have relevant sales experience and want to develop your career further with a company that takes development, engagement, wellbeing and progression seriously.
- Develop strong, long lasting relationships with independent retailersBuild an in-depth understanding of customer needs and shopper dynamics.
- Increase distribution of our product ranges across your customer base
- Drive customer advocacy for our brands through educating retailers in the tobacco market and industry legislation.
- Achieve volume, distribution, availability and coverage targets within defined area.
- Understand competitor activities and how we can further develop our presence in the UK market
- As a Tactical RDR, this role requires flexibility to move around a large geographic area, this will include regular staying away from home.
Skills & experience
Ideally candidates should possess relevant experience in a similar role or be able to demonstrate an aptitude for the role. In addition, candidates should be:
- Able to work independently and driven to achieve targets
- Understanding of wider team goals and how you can impact them
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, managing time and resources effectively.
- Have strong communication and people skills, and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Able to use your initiative and to act independently when required.
- Have a strong will to succeed, and you set yourself stretching targets.
- Efficient, accurate and timely in the administration associated with the role.
What we offer
This role offers a generous package of £31,857 basic salary plus 24% bonus, company car, competitive pension and 29 days holiday.
Interested applicants should apply with their current CV.