National Accounts Manager
Job title: National Accounts Manager
Salary: £attractive plus performance based bonus, car
Job Ref: NH/20077
- Important NAM role with an exciting consumer goods supplier
- Well established and one of the UK’s fastest growing companies
- Fully responsible for a portfolio of major retail accounts
Smart Garden Products is a dynamic and fast growing B2B consumer goods business, with a great reputation for product innovation, supplying a broad range of home and garden products to all retail channels in the UK and Europe. We have a highly-experienced leadership team and talented colleagues in our offices in the UK and China. We are highly customer focused, entrepreneurial and solution orientated.
As a result of an internal promotion, we are now looking for an experienced National Accounts Manager who can deliver a significant and lasting impact to the business.
The National Account Manager role:
This important National Account Manager’s role will be home and office based, with most of the business travel between sites in Oxfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Therefore, a home location within commutable distance of these regions is required, likely to be in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire.
- Commercially responsible for major retail accounts
- Work in close partnership with buyers to develop bespoke and own-label solutions
- Cradle to grave involvement in the product development process
- Fully accountable for delivering against forecast by customer
- Negotiate to achieve maximum profitability in all customer agreements
- Manage promotions in order to respond to market challenges and opportunities
The National Account Manager profile:
Suitable candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of success in a comparable role and will have the following profile:
- At least 5 years of National Account Manager level experience
- Experience working with major retailers in DIY, grocery or High Street channels
- Excellent negotiation skills, demonstrated through successful new listings and range extensions
- Experienced in own-label and/or far-east sourced products
- Highly numerate and excellent computer skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and demonstrate strong initiative
- Team player
- Ambitious and have the ability to progress in the business
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine Search & Selection.
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.