Area Sales Manager - Northern Germany
1 day left
- Contract Type
Are you passionate about working with well established brands? Do you have experience covering the Northern German territory? If so then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for…
My client prides themselves on creating beautifully designed products that over time have become a house hold name. The business is now entering a new chapter, where they have had continuous growth over the last few years and are now looking to really expand their international offering. This has led to the business looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to cover the northern German territory.
As the Area Sales Manager you will report directly to the European Export Manager and you will be responsible for growing the Northern German Markets. This is a fast moving environment where you will be working with well-known branded products as well as own label for specific customers, so knowledge of both areas would be ideal for this role.
This role will require you to spend a significant amount of your time travelling to the different areas that you are responsible for and spend the majority of your time developing new business. The role will be home based however you will report into the German HQ.
- Work with the Export Sales Manager - Europe in implementing the agreed sales and marketing strategy in Germany.
- Review potential for extending sales into new agreed channels within Germany and sell to and work on initiatives to targeting new sectors. Implement those agreed upon with the Export Sales Manager - Europe.
- In consultation with the Export Sales Manager - Germany, evaluate the suitability of current product offering to satisfy the market requirements and contribute to new product development by communicating and providing market specific knowledge and feedback to the Export Sales Manager - Europe.
- Visit retailers to support sales initiatives, develop relationships, assess opportunities and ascertain market information pertinent to maximising sales potential. Visit Key retailers with the Export Sales Manager - Europe to improve the sell through of our products and to gain new listings.
- Provide market information, forecasts of demand and any relevant changes to opportunities and threats to contribute in formulating the annual sales budget in the German market.
- Achieve sales budget and margins set for the Agreed area within German Market
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors and feeding back to The Export Sales Manager - Europe.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude to assist in producing world class product ranges and contribute to the strategic direction and development of the business. The right candidate will have a 'hunters' attitude to new business and be able to see where the next opportunity is going to arise from. You need to be comfortable and confident at liaising with people at a senior level and be able to 'hold your own' in negotiations.
The right candidate will ideally have 2 -3 years or more sales experience from a non-food FMCG background, preferably from within the luxury sector and have existing experience of managing the northern German territory. The right candidate must be able to work in an autonomous role with the ability to develop solutions.
Essential skills for this position include:
- Negotiation skills
- Good sales closer
- Strong new business skills
- Results orientated
- Strong communication
- Presentation skills
- Relationship management
- Innovative / creative
Apply for Area Sales Manager - Northern Germany
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly