With support from the Marketing Manager you'll be tasked with the long term planning and ongoing development of the marketing strategy & plan for two of Storck's key confectionery brands in the UK.
I have partnered Exclusively with Storck in the hunt for a commercially minded Brand Manager to work on new Knoppers and Bendicks brands in the UK, Ireland and Travel Retail sector. Storck is a German family owned confectionery business with an impressive portfolio of household name brands. This is a great opportunity to learn, develop and progress within a business that has ambitious growth plans, a clear long term strategic vision and good size marketing budgets.
In addition Storck have shaped a fantastic working environment and boast impressive employee retention rates. They are family owned and see their staff as part of that family. They celebrate success which is driven by three main factors performance, passion and a sense of belonging.
Overall this business has a lot to offer the successful applicant in the short and long term. Please find more information about the brands below.
Knoppers: Ever since Knoppers was launched in 1983 in Germany, the milk-hazelnut wafer has been very popular. In the UK market you'll be responsible for the delivery and ongoing development of the marketing plan, ATL (including TV) campaigns and the ongoing management of the P&L.
Bendicks: Is a heritage brand which is steeped in tradition and made from the highest quality ingredients. With a Royal Warrant and being Storck's only UK led brand you'll have ownership of the brands development which is largely led by tradition, the premium market and high profile events.
Combined the two brands make a great opportunity to apply commerciality, strategic thinking and creativity in order to have a big impact and deliver the overall business objectives.
The Brand Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Management of Knoppers and Bendicks brand and portfolio from development to implementation for UK, Ireland and STR, as identified in the brand planning stage and throughout the annual planning cycle.
- Manage Knoppers media plan working with the UK agency and adaption of creative to local market as required.
- Management of brand activation for Knoppers and Bendicks.
- Support Marketing Manager on Long Term Planning and development of strategy for Knoppers and Bendicks in UK, Ireland and travel retail
- Brand presentations of marketing and seasonal plans to sales team and the whole business
- Support sales team with account specific activity, ensuring that all activity fits brand and is consistent with brand positioning and message.
- Manage consumer & trade PR and consumer engagement where appropriate eg sampling, press releases
- Liaison with Digital agency and International Marketing on digital platform communication, i.e. briefings, approvals of activation, ensure online media is continuously up to date and engaging
- Tracking of brand monthly expenditure
- Involvement in formulating annual plan volumes and budgets
- Management of Trade Marketing support e.g. Development of POS and Sales presenters, flat-packed display materials etc.
The successful candidate will ideally display:
- A proven track record in similar FMCG market
- Strong commercial acumen
- High attention to detail
- A positive and proactive approach
- Experience working on the UK market
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your career in a business that truly values its people and their development. Storck are based in Basingstoke which is an easy commute from London and the Thames Valley via car or train. They're offering a competitive package alongside a fantastic culture.
If you are interested in this Brand Manager opportunity then please get in touch with Leslie Davies from Michael Page.