New Business Manager - Commercial
About the Role
As New Business Manager you will report to and work closely with the Head of Contract Manufacturing to deliver Refresco’s strategic objective: to profitably & sustainably grow Refresco’s contract manufacturing business, so that it becomes a considerable share of Refresco’s portfolio of business.
The Refresco Contract Manufacturing team continues to play a critical role in driving forward our growth, and the achievement of our ambitious targets.
As New Business Manager you will achieve this through the development of existing client accounts and bringing on board new entrepreneurial clients with innovative product developments and ideas. You will be predominantly focused on new business development, although there will be some account management included. You will be wholly client facing, acting as the face of Refresco to our contract manufacturing customers.
Your target is clear: to deliver Refresco’s volume growth Contract Manufacturing targets.
With existing accounts your objective is to ensure achievement of high levels of customer satisfaction.
You will need to spend a lot of time visiting clients and also the 6 Refresco UK manufacturing sites.
As New Business Manager you will need (and at interview be able to demonstrate your achievements in) the following:
- Previous commercial, service and operational experience (minimum 3 years) in a similar role in an FMCG, preferably Food & Drinks Manufacturing, organisation;
- An excellent understanding of managing client relationships;
- Commercial 'savvy' and an aptitude for business development;
- Excellent account administration skills;
- A University degree is desirable - in a related discipline.
Of course 'how' you achieve results is as important as 'what' you achieve and as such we will want a New Business Manager who demonstrates the following:
- Entrepreneurship - always looking forward at market developments and the latest ideas in drinks manufacturing;
- An urgency and desire to achieve great results to the satisfaction of all;
- Behavioral flexibility and adaptability;
- Working as part of a team and supporting colleagues to deliver priorities;
- Performance Orientation - the 'how' not only the 'what' and striving to improve;
- Able to work on your own and a 'self-starter' - don't wait to be instructed!
- Able to work in and deal with fast pace and change - Refresco is constantly evolving and changing;
- Influencing and persuasion of others including senior management;
- Fantastic communication skills, highly articulate in both written and verbal formats - great presentation and negotiation skills;
- Resilience - ability to bounce back when things don’t got to plan;
- Enthusiastic, energetic.
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. So, yes, it's safe to say we're ambitious. We're thirsty for more, constantly looking to the future. To new products, new services, new markets, new customers. Through our people applying our core values of ‘Responsible’, ‘Entrepreneurial’, ‘Excellent’, ‘Market Driven’ and ‘Innovative’ we have grown substantially since 1999 and we will continue to be successful.
In the UK, the Refresco headquarters are based in Kegworth, Derbyshire, and we employ 1800 people across 6 sites (Bridgwater, Kegworth, Nelson, Bondgate, Wrexham & Macduff). We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's, Sainsbury, ALDI and Lidl to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray, Weetabix, Del Monte and Um Bongo. We have packaging capability in Cartons, PET, Aseptic PET and Cans.
Our head office is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Refresco is the world’s largest independent bottler soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers. With production in Europe, North America and Mexico our global sourcing and local R&D capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of products, manufactured to customer specifications and requirements.
Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices, vegetable juices, nectars, water and water +, carbonated soft drinks, energy and sports drinks, seasonal and speciality drinks and ready to drink tea, in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass packaging.
In addition to the efficiency of our bottling processes, we can also provide our customers with total supply chain solutions – from planning and sourcing of raw materials and packaging through to warehousing and transportation.
We are able to develop new concepts and bring these to market in an extremely short time frame.
Refresco operates in Europe & North America:
- 12 billion litres
- 3.6 billion Euros revenue ($US 4 billion) - 2016
- 345 m Euros profit ($US 382 million) – 2016
- 9,500 people
- 12 countries
- 59 production facilities
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary plus car allowance, plus competitive annual incentive and very good company pension scheme.