Senior Financial Analyst
3 days left
- Contract Type
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win.
Our 4,500 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Finance Team supports the development and delivery of the commercial strategy for our UK, Nordics & South Africa commercial unit. It also helps manage the unit’s operations through the provision of financial management, analysis and decision support.
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) is a core member of this team and will assume responsibility for end to end financial management of part of the commercial unit. In addition they will take on the role as number 2 to the Manager, who is expected to be involved in various projects over the coming 24 months.
The position reports to the Manager, Finance – UK, NDX & SA alongside 2 other Analysts and an Accounts Receivable Analyst (all based in the UK), plus a further Analyst (based in SA). The successful candidate will be one who demonstrates the desire and potential to step up into more senior finance positions.
Annual Business Plan (ABP) & Quarterly Forecasts (QF) - the SFA works with Sales Directors and their teams to develop projected customer/channel gross margins as part of the annual and quarterly business planning process. These plans will be submitted using the Hyperion Planning consolidation tool and the SFA will be required to present their area in detail alongside the Sales Director.
Decision Support - provides business decision support through ownership of Customer & Product profitability information and any other ad-hoc analysis they feel is relevant. As the business makes acquisitions and priorities change, this will be a critical area in which the SFA will be expected to use their skills and knowledge to make recommendations and drive improved performance from the commercial unit.
Period & Quarterly Close - generates insight based on customer level gross margins and variance analysis for the business unit, and works with the Sales/Commercial teams to understand and influence drivers of account performance. The SFA is responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, accurately reporting Trade Investment accrual balances and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) accounting requirements.
Advertising & Promotion – administration of the Advertising and Promotions budget using Internal Orders
Managerial Substitute – the SFA will be required to stand in for the Finance Manager for certain activities related to the UK, Ndx & SA business unit. This includes representation at Modern Markets level and will offer exposure to that leadership team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English
- 1-3 years in a management accounting position
- Working knowledge of SAP
- FMCG exposure with extensive experience working with Commercial teams
- Advanced Excel with strong modelling and analysis skills
- University Degree in business management or finance (preferred)
- Recognised Accountancy qualification (Finalists will be considered)
- Highly organised and able to manage deadlines effectively and efficiently
- High level of attention to detail with an appetite for understanding drivers of performance
- Tenacity and common sense
- Initiative and drive
- Ability to travel regularly within Europe
- Attention to detail & strong analytical capability
- Record of achieving results
- Teamwork & collaboration
Working Relationships & Environment
- Reports to Manager, Finance – UK, NDX, SA and supports Commercial teams as business partner to a Sales Director and their team
- Key relationships internally will include UK, NDX & SA Business Director and Commercial teams, the EMEA Controllership function and Shared Service Centre plus the Modern Markets Finance Director and peers in other markets.
- Office based - High Wycombe, UK with European travel (estimated 2 days every other week)
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.