Category Development Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
Role: Category Development Manager
Location: Kings Hill, Kent, United Kingdom - Just 15 minutes from the M25
Kimberly-Clark seeks original thinkers to create solutions for our consumers
Insight is the backbone of our business conversations. As a successful Category Development Manager, you will support our teams and our customers by demonstrating data driven insight and identifying opportunities to deliver what our shoppers of today and tomorrow are looking for.
Working closely with our Retail partners and our Marketing and Customer Management teams, you will be responsible for building our categories to achieve growth in new and innovative ways. You will have opportunities to be central to range reviews, new product development and promotional evaluations to ensure that we continue to meet the ever evolving needs of our shoppers and consumers.
As a Category Development Manager and a member of the UK Category Leadership Team this role offers an exciting opportunity to develop and execute category initiatives aligned to the category vision within key retail partners.
You will be responsible for engaging with our top retail partners, building relationship and influencing them to deliver category growth and implement category initiatives. You will work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to ensure alignment of recommendations to drive that growth for both the retailer and Kimberly-Clark.
* To support the development of Category Strategies and influence retailers to implement recommendations tailored to their specific needs
* To develop and deliver effective external category selling stories, tailored by customer as required, to support new category growth initiatives with key customers
* To develop and agree activation plans for key initiatives including merchandising and promotion recommendations
* To monitor, evaluate & communicate changes in category, customer dynamics and competitor activities and recommend actions to address issues and opportunities affecting the category and/or KC brands
* To recommend actions to address category and/or Kimberly-Clark issues through influencing retailer partners
What Are We Looking For?
You will need to be;
* A pro-active, confident, highly collaborative and numerate individual who can successfully build business relationships and present recommendations in an influential and persuasive manner.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally possess a sales/marketing or business focused degree.
* Extensive experience in a category role or closely related field.
* Experience working within UK FMCG market would be an advantage.
* The right or ability to obtain the right to work in the UK. This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
* Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills are essential as is the ability to use these skills in a high pressured environment.
* Strong Influencing and leadership skills
* Results oriented
* Innovative solution development and problem solving
* Self-motivated and assertive with internal and external contacts
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation
* Experience of successfully creating and maintaining business relationships
* Experience of persuasively presenting strategic recommendations
* Ability to influence behaviours cross-functionally and at all business levels
What Do You Get in Return?
* Competitive Basic Salary + bonus potential
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* 25 days’ holiday, plus opportunity to buy additional days
* Highly competitive pension scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
There’s More …
You’ll also have the opportunity to choose from our flexible benefits scheme which include things like –
* Critical illness cover
* Dining cards
* Green car scheme
* Share scheme options
* Gym memberships
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
KC are a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based.
United Kingdom- Kings Hill