Client Analytics Executive with Consumer Panel Experience
What's it like to be part of Nielsen? We'll let the data do the talking. With more than 40,000 people in over 100 countries, we're a diverse group. In the UK alone, we have over 55 nationalities. But there's a lot that brings us together. We're obsessed with measuring and understanding consumer behaviours to help our clients grow. Our measurement covers 90% of the world's population and GDP. We believe in making things Open, Connected, Useful and Personal. We challenge everyone to innovate, take risks, learn and grow! Diversity and Inclusion are critical to our growth, strength and ability to innovate. We want everyone to have a voice and be themselves. We empower our employees to make a difference, by collaborating both inside and outside the office. There has never been a better time to be at Nielsen.
We do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to help our clients grow their business. Both measurement and analytics are important in their own right but it's the connection of the two that delivers the insights & recommendations that are critical to our clients' success.
You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their brands and what they should do to improve business performance. Simply put, you are the Storytellers of Nielsen. Working with your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships that allow you to better understand your clients' business priorities and information needs. You'll use this knowledge to develop in-depth analytics and create compelling stories that deliver the insight to drive business growth.
Our Analytics team combines data and expertise to help our clients become more competitive and efficient through stronger, faster analytics.
This role is based on client-site in London, with a team of Senior Client Analytics Executives and Client Analytics Executives, who are fully embedded with the client. The team provides detailed analysis across Consumer Panel (Homescan) and Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS/RMS) data, as well as some use of Spectra which is a geo-location tool. It provides an opportunity to demonstrate and develop a mix of skills in analytics, project management and client engagement to help drive the strategy and performance of a large UK retailer. We have a diverse audience, from individual category buyers keen to understand how subcategories are performing versus the market, to the Food Commercial Director using our insight to inform the business's strategic priorities.
We are looking for a passionate FMCG Client Analytics Executive with experience using Consumer Panel to provide analysis to answer research questions related to the client's business performance and trading activities. Whilst you will be supporting Senior Client Analytics Executive, you will, over time, take ownership of deliverables and relationships. Being embedded full-time with the client, we benefit from daily face-to-face engagement with the insight team and traders and therefore this role will suit a candidate who enjoys the prospect of really getting to know stakeholders across the client business in what is a highly rewarding role.
- Support Senior Client Analytics Executive in their work across Business Performance and Trading functions
- Help shape client research questions by understanding what the business needs are behind questions and what actions will be taken as a result
- Identify the appropriate data sources and tools to best answer research questions
- Analyse and present findings to key stakeholders within given deadlines, coordinating closely with other members of the client services team to divide work when appropriate
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Confidently talk about our data and advise on where and how we can best add value through our analysis
- Has a genuine interest in data, numbers and solving analytical problems
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral / written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude - both within the team and in front of clients - is essential
- Project management: good organisational and time management skills
- Experience using Consumer Panel, either for a manufacturer or retailer
- Role is London based, on-site at client up to 5 days a week
Primary Location: London,London