Commercial Manager - Premium HORECA & Foodservice
About The Business:
High growth food start-up with a product with a real difference. By helping UK farmers make extra income the founders use surplus fruit and vegetables that would otherwise be wasted due to their non-standard appearance.
With a massive shift in consumer behaviour when it comes to both plastic and food waste, this business is being well received by retailer and shopper alike. To that effect, the business has seen a massive jump in sales and the turnover has doubled in less than 12 months.
With an ever-growing product line and a sheer passion for good food, this is a business that you should want to be involved in. With co working start up office space in Vauxhall, this business breathes vibrance and they want you to be part of the journey.
About The Opportunity:
Commercial Manager – Premium HORECA & Foodservice
- £50,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary
The business is looking for a Commercial Manager to head up their fastest and most lucrative sales channels… Foodservice and HORECA.
With this product barely scraping the surface of the premium account base within London, you’ll be required to have a real entrepreneurial approach to your work and you’ll have to work out ways of getting yourself and your product in front of buying directors and getting it onto the menu.
Some key skills you’ll need for the job:
- Managing the current account base worth 70% of the UK business
- Have a real “hunter” attitude when it comes to new business. You’ll be required to work with both larger Foodservice accounts like Bidfood, Brakes, Compass Group and Sodexo. Here, you’ll be working with Category and Buying Directors to “incentivise”
- But alternatively, you may be having a conversation with the Commercial Directors of Wahaca and Honest Burger
- You’ll want to champion the brand and even though price negotiation is important. You’ll be pushing the brand message about food wastage to the forefront of every sale.
- You’ll be able to influence both internally and externally
- Internally, you’ll be working day by day with the owners of the business and creating brand plans and strategies
- Externally, you’ll be influencing business directors/owners on promoting the brand in store and having real POS and train staff about the benefits of the product.
The brand is premium so therefore demands a premium price. And with over 15,000 potential sites within the M25 there’s a hell of a lot of new business to be had.
So go and get it!
This company and role will ask you to bring one thing to the forefront… PASSION.
- You’ll be a real foodie at heart and you’ll want to work for a super ambitious brand which will match your own ambitions
- You’ll come from an FMCG background where you’ve had decision maker engagement at all levels (buyer or owner)
- You’ll have experience of working in OOH but not necessarily just in Foodservice or HORECA
- You’ll understand how to handle objections about price point as these guys will not be the cheapest
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting. We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 360360 – we look forward to being in touch.