National Account Manager - High Growth, Food on the Go SME
About The Business:
This company is special.
With a unique blend of being UK SME but backed by a larger global business turning over $150m, this cool snacking business is one of those success stories that you always hear about.
Seven years ago their product line revolutionised the “food on the go” category in the UK and they are about to do it again with another UK first. With the UK business turning over £16m, with a target of £25m by 2020, there’s lots of work to do and with the team they have, this shouldn’t be a problem.
With all these ambitious growth plans you’d think the team would have no time to enjoy themselves?
You’re very wrong, team culture is one of the most important things. The MD is ex Innocent and expects his team to enjoy themselves and create a real culture outside of the business. One week they’ll dine out, the next they will be scaling the Millennium Dome - who knows!
About The Opportunity:
National Account Manager – London Based, Hypergrowth SME
- £45,000 - £50,000 Basic Salary
- 20% Bonus
- Car allowance
- Private Healthcare
This rapid expansion means the Head of Grocery is looking for a National Account Manager to manage 2 of their Top 6 retailers.
With full support from both the MD and Head of Grocery, you’ll have direct responsibility for the following:
- Waitrose and ASDA
- Waitrose has deep rooted relationships with this business and they’re held in high regard and are involved in all range reviews. It’s a great account for you to sink your teeth into
- You’ll manage the P&L and you’ll operate at all levels within the retailer and be required to negotiate shelf space, pricing costs and manage the promotional calendars
- ASDA is in a different place. It’s a newer relationship and this is where your passion, ambition and drive to become a fully fledged National Account Manager will come into play
- With only 10% of their SKU’s available, they will want you to grow distribution through extra store releases and growing their current product base
- You’ll be leading the JBP negotiation with close support from the Head of Grocery and you’ll be given a real opportunity to follow this through and implement with ASDA.
You’ll be a bright, engaging and driven National Account Executive/Manager who wants a real step up to be the face of one of the most exciting businesses in FMCG. You’ll have experience working in either grocery, convenience or High Street accounts. An interest in health and fitness would be great too.
This role is perfect for those who have some exposure to customers, P&L and want more of that. Category experience is less important as support is there for candidates who don't necessarily come from a food background to make the transition.
Most importantly, you'll become part of their immense success. They have thrown typical FMCG business culture and commercials to one side and want people who really buy into their culture and ambitions and strive for growth!
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting. We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and into every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 360360 – we look forward to being in touch.