Buyer & Product Manager
Summit are pleased to announce as part of our continued growth, a new role in the company for an experienced Senior Buyer & Product Manager to lead new product development, manage existing ranges and the portfolio of brands.
The successful candidate will have experience in a purchasing/product development role, ideally within the non-food FMCG market, with a current demonstrable working knowledge of sourcing from overseas manufacturers. You will need to possess excellent communication, negotiation and deal making skills. While having an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for both researching, sourcing, negotiating and managing production of Summit products to a high standard, ensuring our brand values are maintained and exceeded.
In return for the right person we are offering a highly competitive remuneration package including company car, laptop, phone and company credit card.
List of Responsibilities:
- Management of existing supplier relationships to enhance our product quality, competitiveness and lead times
- Review, analyse and negotiate with new suppliers inline with company terms of trade
- Research the market place and conduct competitor analysis
- Research and analyse new manufacturing sources within Europe and beyond
- Analyse current brand ranges and conduct regular range reviews
- Responsibility for creating and working to a purchasing budget, agreed with the company Directors to deliver sales objectives and meet company KPI’s
- Work with our inhouse quality control and purchasing teams to ensure all products are manufactured to our quality standards and shipped on time to arrive and meet customer expectations
- Create and implement product and range briefs, working with our creative manager to develop new styles from market trends
- Work closely with our artwork designer to create eye catching and innovative packaging that meets brand values. Packaging needs to be of high quality and show consideration to packaging waste reduction and the use of more environmentally friendly materials
- Receive and manage customer sourcing enquiries via our sales team to manufacture and develop bespoke customer artworks, products and branding requirements
- Work with our sales team to enhance product knowledge, commerciality and brand values
To apply for this role, please click the 'APPLY' button.