National Account Manager Booker Retail
Job Type: National Account Manager Booker retail
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Location: North West – Liverpool
Job Reference: NP NAC-97692
Are you interested in being part of a global FMCG organisation who offer a clear career development path and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing and ambitious business? If you’re currently operating within a National Account Management position with an appetite to join a driven team with clear career progression. Does working in a fast paced, environment where everyone has a passion for what they do excite you? Are you an enthusiastic and engaging National Account Manager with experience working with wholesale, Convenience, Discounters and Booker Group/ Retail experience if so read on!
The Advocate Group are partnered with a multibillion pound turnover FMCG business who are leaders in their category. Who are looking to appoint a National Account Manager to join their growing business to look after the Booker account? They are a UK based Food and Drink manufacturing company who are looking for the best talent! An experienced NAM is required for a dynamic FMCG business, reporting to the NAC. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven NAM, this exciting role is office based in Liverpool. With excellent benefits and package with a strong development plan for your long term career within FMCG.
The role offers a supportive environment as well as clear career progression offering an exciting career move with a multibillion pound FMCG company. The team are all passionate about the brand and the culture is very much collaborative and supportive. This company offers an attractive benefit package such as flexible working, company car allowance, pension, private healthcare, bonus and much more.
This exciting opportunity requires you to work with Booker, to drive the business forward and achieve the company’s growth plans. For this role you must have had experience of demonstrating Account Management experience with Booker Retail, Booker Group with both branded and private label experience. FMCG account management experience for a minimum of 3 years. Experience of managing P&L of £15 million plus and JBP.
- Develop customer relationships and raise awareness of the organisation and brand portfolio via ongoing professional conduct.
- Account Management of Booker retail account, Londis, Premier, Budgens.
- Develop strategies to grow sales and maximise profitability.
- Support the Sales team with budget management and customer forecasting, responsible for accurate forecasting working closely with internal and external stake holders.
- Working in collaboration with distributers, buyers, merchandiser, supply chain operations and customer service.
- Accountable for full P&L (£15m +) responsibility for the account.
- Managing the implementation of the customer plan to include sales forecasting, project management and supply chain events management.
- Explore opportunities for growth with new retail accounts and maximise existing accounts.
- Pro-actively identify problems and implement solutions.
The successful candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years NAM experience within FMCG
- Account Management experience within Food or drink category
- FMCG Food and Drink background with Private label & Branded experience
- Booker Retail, Booker Group Account Management experience
- Background – Wholesale, Cash Carry, Convenience, Discounters Account Management.
- Evidence of delivering new business with accounts and increasing sales and profit.
- Excellent understanding of the sales within UK Top retailers.
- Full P&L responsibility £15+
- Account management with new business development.
- Excellent communication skills with external and internal stake holders.
- Experience with cross functionally working, NPD, Supply chain, sales, marketing.
- Demonstrate that you can work at effectively and proactively without supervision.
- Demonstrate that you can influence and build relationships within internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to support and provide guidance and develop the wider sales team supporting junior commercial team by leading by example and sharing best practise.
- Excellent communication skills, confident in negation with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Extremely motivated, driven, resilient and willing to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate with the ability to turn data into actionable strategy and insights with attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with large amounts of complex data and information from a variety of sources
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate: Excel, WORD, Powerpoint
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nikita Pottinger or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business. Any direct or third party applications will be handled by The Advocate Group