Retail Sales Manager
- Contract Type
JOB DESCRIPTION; RETAIL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (GROCERY)
Main Job Purpose
- Implementing & executing the operational field strategy for the grocery channel that contributes to the current and future needs of the Ferrero business
- Leveraging a competitive advantage in the market place and contributing to the delivery of all key financials, budgets and targets of Ferrero UK.
- Delivering a return on investment within outlets on your defined geographical territory
Major Responsibilities/ Activities
- Plan, deliver and exceed sessional & annual business targets in your nominated retail stores (approx. 35) and work to company targets to deliver and exceed annual business targets
- Manage and influence the customer relationship at a both store and account area manager level to step change customer engagement & to deliver the best results for Ferrero UK.
- Make innovation and events huge in store.
- Deliver value adding initiatives in store to ensure sustainable business growth for both parties.
- Educate customers on market & category opportunities in line with the Ferrero UK trade marketing plans & strategy
- Be accountable for improving own performance and developing solutions & actions alongside your RSM that will deliver continuous improvement.
- Monitor & evaluate call file performance. Suggest amendments via RSM to ensure most effective calls.
- Monitor market conditions, customer & competitor behaviour & communicate learning with RSM suggesting amendments to targets, strategies & tactics as appropriate.
Working Relationships With:
- Retail Store Managers and Staff
- Retail Account Area Managers
- Ferrero Regional Sales Manager
- FSS Operations Team
- FSS Account Director
- Knowledge of grocery and convenience retail sector
- Educated to degree level (2:1) and a minimum 6 months FMCG sales experience.
- Strong communication & influencing skills.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Determination to achieve & willingness to continually learn.
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative & delivering results.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- IT Literate
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Results driven
- Clean driving licence