Customer Business Manager
Are you a confident business manager with experience building new senior relationships within complex trading environments? Are you passionate and determined with a proactive approach to work and a self-starter attitude to learning and developing yourself? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Business Manager aligned to our top accounts in Tesco, Boots, Sainsburys and Asda!
In this field based role reporting to the Channel Controller, you will deliver sustainable and mutually profitable growth by developing long lasting relationships with a range of customers, both vertically and horizontally across multi-functional working teams to ensure customer needs have been met. In addition to this, you will need to have a sound understanding of category management principles, as a significant amount of this role involves influencing improvements across range and space in a cost effective manner.
• Strategic Planning
- To develop and deliver a business strategy with the customer across the CHGB portfolio which delivers long term sustainable profit growth.
• Customer Contact
- To build relationships with key trading team contacts and utilise these relationships to influence decisions being made in the Health & Beauty categories.
- To work in conjunction with the REL Sales force to determine opportunities to work collaboratively with the customers.
- To make key category recommendations to the customer on range, distribution, space promotions and NPD
• Financial Management
- To build a range of P&L’s to understand the shape of the business and identify opportunities for future growth.
- To build and develop a robust commercial calendar that delivers both against GSK and customer needs.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 17th June 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Broad business knowledge and market understanding.
• Experience of building relationships at all levels within an external organisation.
• A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships.
• Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
• A good understanding of the marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics.
• Previous Account Management experience in retail sector is essential.
• Good understanding and insight into Category Management principles.
• Experience gained in the Graduate programme of a top tier FMCG business
• Previous time worked within FMCG Health and Beauty or Healthcare
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
To find out more about GSK Consumer Healthcare, click here.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities ‘Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare’, and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
How will you be rewarded?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.