National Account Manager - Tesco
One of UK’s most successful privately owned chilled foods manufacturers have created an opportunity for a National Account Manager to join the team. The business have established themselves as one of the leading suppliers within the category they operate. Producing high quality products on private label basis the business have strong presence across the Grocery multiples. The business remains highly profitable and they have recently invested their production facilities. Following growth of their UK business, they are now looking to appoint a Grocery National Account Manager.
As a Grocery Account Manager you will take full responsibility for the Tesco account valued in the excess of £20m. Reporting into the Head of Sales you will work closely with the entire sales team as well as the Category, NPD teams and Operations teams.
Essential duties and responsibilities include;
- Achieve and where possible exceed sales value and profit budget requirements.
- Build and deliver strong account plans within your accounts
- Optimise ranging, pricing, distribution and merchandising priorities by account and according to business unit and brand plans.
- To manage expenditure in line with agreed budgets
- Develop contact strategies to help deliver your objectives and increase breadth and depth of key customer contacts within each customer.
- Develop a cross functional approach internally to ensure sales acts as the pivotal interface between external customer and internal business unit requirements.
- Ensure the smooth implementation, execution, and evaluation of all ‘activities’.
- Reports and Communication all competitor activity in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- To plan, forecast and analyse customer service.
- To manage account administration.
- To perform weekly price audits and feedback results to the business
- To manage and keep update a distribution matrix of current and planned listings and distribution.
- To manage matters which arise in supply chain whether day to day or developmental
- To update weekly price and promotional audits
The successful candidate for this position will currently be operating at a National Account Manager or National Account Executive level within the FMCG industry. You will ideally have exposure to private label products. In relation to customer base, you will have a history of working with retail multiples, ideally Tesco. You will be a team player that can thrive in a forward thinking business.
For more information regarding this role please contact Aidan Goodall on 0113 2160878.