Are you an experienced Project Manager with knowledge of Manufacturing and food industry? If the answer is YES, Leathams are recruiting for a Project Manager to join the delivery team and we want to hear from you!
Here at Leathams, we’re a dedicated, hard-working bunch (over 255 at the last count), linked by a real love and passion for food and a willingness to try anything once! Innovators in food since 1980 we proudly serve the Foodservice, Ingredients and Retail Sectors.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Divisional Delivery Manager the main purpose of the role is to work within a cross-functional team of sales channel-focused individuals to deliver business projects on time and in full. Other responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Inbound team, designated sales channel and other functions to quickly and successfully launch exciting new food products.
- Manage project progression through the NPD funnel, giving timely progress updates and highlighting and escalating blockages as necessary to avoid delay.
- Work directly with suppliers and internal/external customers
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional projects, including preparation and management of critical paths for all key projects.
- Collaborate internally to assess and review activity, ensuring less / non-viable projects are quickly identified and cancelled or re-directed.
- Provide Technical expertise and input to support with the food technology requirements of NPD, launch and other projects
- Help to develop and implement systems and processes to streamline and optimise channel activity.
- Coordinate and contribute to cross-functional efforts to quickly and effectively resolve business requirements and challenges
The ideal Project Manager:
- Educated to degree level or above
- Knowledge of the UK and international food industry, ideally from a supply chain perspective
- Experience of multi-tasking and working under pressure against tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Food Safety Systems, UK Food Legislation and / or recognised Food Safety qualifications
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness and approach
- Strong project management, communication and people skills
Rewards & benefits
In return for your impressive work as our Project Manager you can expect a highly competitive salary on top of a range of excellent benefits.
If you feel you have the passion and drive to excel as our Project Manager, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY now!