PR & Communications Manager - Maverick Drinks
PR & Communications Manager - Maverick Drinks
Location - London
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, we are delighted to offer an amazing opportunity to be part of the growing marketing team at Maverick Drinks, the leading distributor of craft spirits. This is a hugely exciting chance to be part of a drinks business which defies convention.
The newly created PR & Communications Manager role is a unique role suited to an accomplished communications professional embedded within the spirits industry. We’ve constantly got news to shout about, whether it’s the launch of a new SKU, an on-trade activation or one of our #forwarddrinking campaigns.
We need an exceptional PR and Communications talent to enhance brand awareness and own the communications across the business in this pivotal role. If you are a dynamic go-getter, enjoy a challenge and see yourself as a communications leader then read on...
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the cross-channel PR and communications strategy for each portfolio brand
- Ensure excellent media relationships with key drinks trade press, influencers and bloggers
- Project manage PR campaigns ensuring stakeholder buy in and measurable results
- Manage the production and distribution of press releases, flash product alerts and other press materials
- Manage the Content Executive and have oversight over all of Maverick Drinks communications
- Day to day liaison and management of our external consumer agency resource
- Ensure regular meetings and effective communications with key stakeholders
- Develop and enhance the existing digital press packs
- Continuously develop new ideas and strategies to engage press and drive results
- Engage key eCommerce partners to drive traffic to their sites
- Design, arrange and host press events to seamlessly demonstrate the USPs of our brands
- Develop a clear understanding of each brand’s audience and its relevant media landscape
- Maximise editorial coverage of new SKU launches, activations and award wins
- Develop close relationships with our portfolio brands’ PR and communications teams
- Identify new PR opportunities that are relevant to the business and that amplify our voice to the right audiences
- Create a close working relationship with internal spokespeople to create a clear external voice
- Develop a thorough understanding of our brand portfolio - speak confidently and knowledgeably about our brands
- Compile monthly coverage and activity reports for each brand
- Continuously explore new channels and technology to communicate with the media
- Utilise the Maverick social media channels to successfully amplify communications effectively
- Experience of both the trade and consumer media landscape
- Experience identifying and targeting social influencers
- Unrivalled contacts with the drinks trade media (specifically spirits)
- Solid experience in a demanding PR and communications role where multi-tasking and prioritisation were key
- Experience in driving large scale successful PR campaigns
- Passion for PR, the drinks industry and the media
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Line management experience
- Digitally savvy
You love the spirits industry, have a great understanding of the English language and clear, bold communications. You are passionate about innovative craft spirit brands which defy convention and you want to tell the world about them. You love storytelling and communicating across various channels in order to drive meaningful coverage and exposure. Your relationships within the drinks industry are strong but you also find it easy to develop new relationships in order to meet your PR objectives. You are a grafter, understanding that often you’ll need to go over and above to achieve your objectives. You know how journalists, bloggers and influencers like to be contacted and perhaps more importantly, when. You love the media and embrace new technologies. You are ready to take the next step in your career and own the PR strategy of a rapidly growing business.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focussed on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work..
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you think you have what it takes to be our next PR and Communications Manager apply now! Along with your CV please send a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the job, please also include what your favourite drink is and why