Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading supplier in the coffee industry, and they are seeking a Business Development Manager to join their expanding team in the Hertfordshire area.
The business sells a range of premium, to-go coffee equipment, targeting forecourts, convenience stores, public spaces, and retail environments. The equipment is customised to each customer, providing a quality automated service to the user.
You will join this dynamic team to help achieve the new business targets within a number of pre-defined target sectors. You will be the Account Manager for some of their largest group accounts within the convenience, forecourt and retail sector. You will also be self-generating new business sale opportunities for self-operated hot beverage equipment.
Ideally you would come from a coffee background and have a real passion for providing a high quality coffee product to consumers. However, candidates from other food-service industries with experience of selling to businesses like forecourts, convenience stores, and healthcare providers would also be considered.
- 50% account management existing national accounts 50% new business
- Initially focusing on the forecourt, convenience & retail market
- Develop and agree a 12 month Sales & Marketing plan.
- Proactively account manage existing larger customers, be the main point of contact at head office level, attend regular review meetings and drive strategic growth plans
- Build your network of contacts within the target sectors to gain new customers
- Book your own new business meetings with potential customers.
- Attend new business meetings, understand the customer requirements and secure the new business from these meetings.
- Present our business and premium retail hot drinks solutions to prospective clients.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers businesses and requirements, conducting a consultative sale.
- Previous experience in B2B / retail new business preferred (particularly exposure to forecourt market)
- Ability to travel nationally and focus on areas where growth is possible
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience and successful track record of winning new business.
- Must have previous experience and success in self sourcing own leads and meetings
- Must be a high performer, clinical all-rounder with the entire sales process from prospecting to customer management.
- Numerate and Literate and able to produce quality proposals.
- First Class interpersonal skills with proven track record of influencing internal and external parties.
- IT Literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and providing solutions.
- Excellent Time Management, planning & organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and works well without supervision.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with all external and internal stakeholders.
- Honesty & Integrity, and a Good Team player.
In return the business will offer an attractive package of around £30-35k basic depending on experience, with excellent uncapped commission that should ideally double your basic salary to £60-70k OTE, plus a company car, pension, and many other benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading name in the coffee industry. If you are interested in this, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.