Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading supplier in the coffee industry, and they are seeking a Business Development Manager to join their expanding team in the Hertfordshire area.
The business sells a range of premium, to-go coffee equipment, targeting forecourts, convenience stores, public spaces, and retail environments. The equipment is customised to each customer, providing a quality automated service to the user.
You will join this dynamic team to help achieve the new business targets within a number of pre-defined target sectors. You will be the Account Manager for some of their largest group accounts within the convenience, forecourt and retail sector. You will also be self-generating new business sale opportunities for self-operated hot beverage equipment.
Ideally you would come from a coffee background and have a real passion for providing a high quality coffee product to consumers. However, candidates from other food-service industries with experience of selling to businesses like forecourts, convenience stores, and healthcare providers would also be considered.
- 50% account management existing national accounts 50% new business
- Initially focusing on the forecourt, convenience & retail market
- Develop and agree a 12 month Sales & Marketing plan.
- Proactively account manage existing larger customers, be the main point of contact at head office level, attend regular review meetings and drive strategic growth plans
- Build your network of contacts within the target sectors to gain new customers
- Book your own new business meetings with potential customers.
- Attend new business meetings, understand the customer requirements and secure the new business from these meetings.
- Present our business and premium retail hot drinks solutions to prospective clients.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers businesses and requirements, conducting a consultative sale.
- Previous experience in B2B / retail new business preferred (particularly exposure to forecourt market)
- Ability to travel nationally and focus on areas where growth is possible
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience and successful track record of winning new business.
- Must have previous experience and success in self sourcing own leads and meetings
- Must be a high performer, clinical all-rounder with the entire sales process from prospecting to customer management.
- Numerate and Literate and able to produce quality proposals.
- First Class interpersonal skills with proven track record of influencing internal and external parties.
- IT Literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and providing solutions.
- Excellent Time Management, planning & organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and works well without supervision.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with all external and internal stakeholders.
- Honesty & Integrity, and a Good Team player.
In return the business will offer an attractive package of around £30-35k basic depending on experience, with excellent uncapped commission that should ideally double your basic salary to £60-70k OTE, plus a company car, pension, and many other benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading name in the coffee industry. If you are interested in this, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly