Interim Head of Sales
Role: Interim Head Of Sales
Location: North London
Salary/ Day Rate: £450PD
Role Duration: 4 month contract
Our client is a lead specialist gluten free food business looking for an experienced Head of sales leader to join their team. Reporting in to the Managing Director our client is looking for someone to continue too plan develop and grow existing and new clients within their remit.
The new Head of Sales role will take full responsibility for leading the development and execution of the UK & International sales & distribution growth strategy, ensuring key volume, revenue and profit targets are met within agreed timescales and investment parameters, and in alignment with the business founders.
- Leading the development & execution of sales & distribution growth strategy across all UK & International markets (including Major Multiples, Convenience, Wholesale and Foodservice channels)
- Leading the development and execution of all aspects of sales process from prospecting new customers & partners to agreeing listings, as well as account management of existing customers
- Developing volume forecasts for all key customers
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales & profit targets
- Agreeing and implementing joint business plans with key customers incorporating promotional plans, listing & distribution of NPD, securing appropriate levels of shelf & feature space
- Developing and maintaining effective customer relationships at all levels (both horizontally & vertically)
- Pro-actively & effectively collaborating with the internal team to enable targets to be achieved
- Managing customer demands to an effective sales & profit conclusion for business.
- Minimum 5years’ sales experience within established FMCG organization’s
- Extensive Experience of selling into Major Multiple Grocers + Convenience / Foodservice
- Experience of leading, managing and developing others
- In-depth experience & awareness of customer commercial and execution priorities
- Export experience a plus
- Experience of developing and executing channel and/or business go-to-market growth plans.
- Experience of developing and executing customer-centric & growth-focused annual Joint Business Plans (including core range distribution / promotions / NPD launch activities / shopper marketing activities)
- High levels of analytical, numerate & commercial acumen and an ability to ascertain both company & customer return-on-investment from all aspects of commercial activity – promotions / events / NPD
- High degree of IT literacy across Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Passionate about the opportunity to build and scale a business from c.£2m to £10m+ within 2-3 years (and grow a sales team to support the business growth)
- A proactive, dynamic self-starter with the energy and self-discipline to grab a great opportunity and run with it!
- Advanced Selling and Negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Advanced presentation skills
- Natural gravitas & executive maturity