Job Title: General Manager
Salary: To £55,000 Plus Substantial Bonus Opportunity, Quality Car, Pension and Healthcare
Sector: Garden / DIY Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: NH/20357
- Run a business unit employing 50 people and sales c£20M per annum
- A fantastic opportunity for a sales led leader with operational experience
- Enjoy a full hand over from the out-going leader
A respected and well established business that supplies retailers with an extensive range of core products. Successful, profitable and ambitious this business offers an exceptional opportunity for a sales led leader to run a company within the supportive structure of a larger group.
The Role of General Manager:
From an office / warehouse facility in Leeds you will have full control of the operation – seeking to maximise profits through sales growth, operational efficiency and cost-control measures. This will include:
- Develop and execute a sales and marketing strategy through a field based sales team
- Build effective relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Lead the buying and operational teams to achieve product range extensions; procurement and pricing advantages; promotional activity and distribution efficiencies
The General Manager Candidate Profile:
We are looking for a highly energetic, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who is keen to build a business and lead a team. Sales led but with broad skills you will be able to add value in all areas.
- Based in Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, Sheffield, York or Huddersfield
- General Management experience in a consumer goods business
- Successful leadership experience in both sales and operations
- Highly commercial and focused on profits not sales
- A proven track record of delivering business growth
- Excellent written and face to face communication skills
- The General Manager will enjoy a substantial profit based bonus that is uncapped and could equal or exceed the basic salary.
- You will also receive a quality car choice and excellent pension and healthcare benefits.
Closing date for applications is Monday 28 May. If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 30 May, I regret that your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us on 01275 813000.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.